Loo rolls

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
JanB

Post by JanB »

.......forgot to say, I NEVER leave a part used roll on the holder - a new one every time. It is one of my bugbears to see a part used roll - think about it! YUK.

A small detail but one which is worth considering from the guest perspective, I think! Marks the bathroom as being freshly done with no sign of use by others.

Yes, I know, probably very fussy of me but I think if there was a handbook for running self catering accommodation, hotels etc, it would state this as a basic rule.
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!
Marks

Post by Marks »

So if a couple of sheets are used you waste a whole roll? Not very environmentally friendly.

I do actually pull several sheets off first and then fold to a point. As I have said, never a complaint about loo paper/rolls and my bathroom is pristine every time :wink:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
JanB

Post by JanB »

Marks wrote:So if a couple of sheets are used you waste a whole roll? Not very environmentally friendly.

I do actually pull several sheets off first and then fold to a point. As I have said, never a complaint about loo paper/rolls and my bathroom is pristine every time :wink:
MARKS - my apologies you might have thought I was referring to you personally in my post were it should have read "MAKES bathroom"..... blame predictive text or the fact I haven't yet had coffee!

I always take part used roll home with me, so no wastage at all.

So relieved to hear you do the folding to a point, too! Ahhh, the efforts we all go to for our guests.
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Still waiting for the first guests who know how to use the three seashells. :roll:
Isy

Post by Isy »

Image[/url]
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !
Isy

Post by Isy »

Maybe an answer for dog friendly gite owners

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

But the loo roll is hanging the wrong way round! :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

:lol: at PW. 8)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

If there is three quarters left of a loo roll I leave it, properly folded. I don't see the problem, is it unhygienic or something? I don't want to have lots of part used toilet rolls cluttering up my own bathroom either. There are worst things in life than part used toilet rolls. If you peel off a few pieces of paper and fold then it looks used anyway, or it would to me. Isn't it a bit anal (pardon the expression) to worry about this?
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

la vache! wrote:I don't see the problem, is it unhygienic or something?
Possibly it is if there is no loo roll holder and mucky fingers have to repeatedly grasp the inside and side of the roll in order to rip off a few sheets. Multiple mucky fingers... eew. But yes, that's why we wash our hands after visiting the loo. :wink:
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Normandie wrote:
la vache! wrote:I don't see the problem, is it unhygienic or something?
Possibly it is if there is no loo roll holder:
:shock: :shock: I'd be more concerned at the lack of a loo roll holder than whether the roll was brand new. :wink: I hate having to pick them up and unravel them by hand, so to speak.

I do put a fresh roll on the holder but leave the unfinished ones as spares. Never occurred to me not to. I'm sure I've stayed in lots of places where the roll hasn't been a new one.
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Bunny wrote:I hate having to pick them up and unravel them by hand, so to speak.
So do I, Bunny, but it's surprising how many homes, restaurants and other small establishments with loos have them on ledges, shelves and window cills. In France, anyway.
Essar

Post by Essar »

"Toilet Roll Etiquette" by William Crapper available from all good book shops - paperback edition available in 2, 4, 6, 9, 12 & 18 issues.

Suggestions for chapters wanted (e.g. "First lift the lid", "What if I'm wearing false nails?" & "Standing up is a no no")
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Marks

Post by Marks »

"What to do when the paper tears" :wink:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Marks wrote:"What to do when the paper tears" :wink:
Wash hands thoroughly!