Loo rolls

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

I thought so too ... Or rather the guests in question were buried :D
But this is obviously an issue with many owners especially if you live on site ,the cost is really not a factor it is where it will end you try and keep your rental prices fair but with a never ending supply of "extra's" there has to be a solution
But your idea is an option I never thought of it is something I am looking at between dealing with the arrivals and departures etc... Reviewing the booking forms and correspondence
So on the list😊

And also a large glass of 🍷 feet up to watch Coronation St ... What a life
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Why is it that loo rolls seem so important to so many guests?!

We currently have 9 Scandinavians staying and we left them 6 rolls between the 2 loos. They arrived last Friday and yesterday asked if we had more rolls ('because we DO need them...', so they said). Although the supermarket was open yesterday afternoon and is literally, 200 meters away, I wasn't going to get into a discussion about loo rolls with them (I only do that on here!)

So, I came back and presented them with 4 large pink rolls which other guests had left behind. Thinking I could then get back to my Sunday afternoon, I was drawn over by one of the adults in the group to the garden furniture.

'Yes, one of the tables has broken', referring to the centre hole which had splits shooting out from it and a large piece of plastic adjacent to it missing.

'A big wind came last night and broke it - maybe it is better if you put holes in the ground for the parasols...?'

'It is better to close the umbrella and take them in with you at night', I retorted, referring to our completely sodden NEW parasols plonked against the wall.....
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

Yes ! the loorollgate can run on and on

it is not really down to cost !!! it is the principle
all our apartments are self catering and ok we live on site and are generally available for our guests and we have the odd social event
but that does not give them the right to think we have a un ending supply of consumables to give out free of charge
maybe next season i will advertise our accommodation prices with or without loo rolls :lol: until then i have relented to purchase a cheaper brand so it might put them off asking
as the guests i have here at the moment have used up there initial supply , + asking for more and now today have asked for more again so this time
i gritted my teeth and said we usually supply an amount initially and after that we suggest that guest purchase further rolls or any other groceries and household items from the local supermarket however we do carry an emergency supply but as you are on route to the supermarket it may be prudent to purchase a supply for the duration of your stay with that i got a almost pleading and shocked look .... but i thought sod it !!!! i have given out 9 rolls for 2 people in just a weeks stay enough is enough

Now to tackle guests drinking there own wine in my Wine Cellar
but i will leave that for another posting but it is all down to guests taking the P***** ok rant over more guests arrive today so deep breath .. big smile :P
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Zur Alten Weinkelter wrote: i have given out 9 rolls for 2 people in just a weeks stay enough is enough :P
So what on earth are they doing with it all???? :shock: Are they using it instead of your bath towels, post shower? :lol:
Or are they like one of my guests - once opened, the roll is never used up. Instead, a new one is opened and the part empty one is left lurking around (bathroom, bedroom, lounge). I collected up enough partly used loo rolls to completely fill a large carrier bag. :shock: Perhaps they have a phobia about started loo rolls - even if started by themselves. :roll: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
russellt

Post by russellt »

hahaha :D :D

I cannot be bothered to read all of the hundreds of comments on this topic. I frankly don't have the time.

However, I have added myself to the list of 'self-catering property' owners who have received a 'where's all the extra loo roll kept?' question. And no mention of the welcome bottle of wine either.

Maybe I should drop the wine and provide a twelve-pack of loo roll..... per guest.

And yes, it's North America again. I won't mention which particular part. You can probably guess. :wink:
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

So your wifi reaches the bathroom then!........ :D :D :D
Essar

Post by Essar »

"all the extra loo rolls are in the supermarket that you passed on the way here!"
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
lester1meg

Post by lester1meg »

We had a guest ring the cleaner at 5am asking her to bring over an extra roll of loo paper because their daughter had a cold.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Essar wrote:"all the extra loo rolls are in the supermarket that you passed on the way here!"
But you didn't know you needed to buy them when you stopped off at that supermarket as some places provide plenty...

It's only when you arrive, you realise the problem (and you discover that you didn't need to buy that bottle of wine as one was in the welcome pack).
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

newtimber wrote:
Essar wrote:"all the extra loo rolls are in the supermarket that you passed on the way here!"
But you didn't know you needed to buy them when you stopped off at that supermarket as some places provide plenty...

It's only when you arrive, you realise the problem (and you discover that you didn't need to buy that bottle of wine as one was in the welcome pack).
Spot on. Which is why it's so important to tell guests what is provided before they arrive.
Of course, they may well not read it - that's their problem.
I'm thinking of producing an emergency break-glass fronted loo roll box, or better still a coin operated one. "Loo roll - insert £2 coin. Do you really need it?"
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

greenbarn wrote:... I'm thinking of producing [...] a coin operated one. "Loo roll - insert £2 coin. Do you really need it?"
Cue desperate phone call at 3:00 am: "Can you change two £1 coins for a £2 coin?"
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

RichardHenshall wrote:
greenbarn wrote:... I'm thinking of producing [...] a coin operated one. "Loo roll - insert £2 coin. Do you really need it?"
Cue desperate phone call at 3:00 am: "Can you change two £1 coins for a £2 coin?"
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

We just stayed in a hotel in Milan where we were only provided with one loo roll. There were three of us in one room and the rolls were small. I decided to prevent any shortfall :wink: and raid the cleaners supply trolley. This was not self catering so I was very unimpressed at being forced to "steal"!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Nemo wrote:We just stayed in a hotel in Milan where we were only provided with one loo roll. There were three of us in one room and the rolls were small. I decided to prevent any shortfall :wink: and raid the cleaners supply trolley. This was not self catering so I was very unimpressed at being forced to "steal"!
Be on the lookout for a "visit" from Looigi and da Boys....
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Just too used to reading FB Greenbarn - I so wanted to like your "GUESTROLL" idea - we need a like button LOL
Kate
USA