Portugese translation please?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Nemo

Portugese translation please?

Post by Nemo »

Hi, Could a nab a quick translation please from a Portugese speaker? I'm trying to book car hire and some of it is lost in translation. I asked her to send me it in Portugese. Google has done a good job but there's one bit I still don't understand.
bom dia
sim o preço esta correcto 40€ por dia e com franquia de 450€ caso queira anular a franquia e queira seguro a todos os riscos tem um acréscimo de 10€ por dia
entrega e recolha no aeroporto e de 15€ e nao 30€
em relação ao carro posso sempre tentar que não seja um ponto conforme solicitado só não garanto pois confirma-mos as categorias e nao o carro pois pode acontecer alguma coisa e assim fazemos um upgrate sem
Google translate says
good Morning
yes the price this correct 40 € per day and franchise 450 € if you want to cancel the franchise and wants insurance to all risk has increased by 10 € per day
delivery and collection at the airport and € 15 and not € 30
in relation to the car can always try other than a punto as requested not only guarantee because we confirmed the categories and not the car because something could happen and so we make a upgrate

Her original email said this
Mandatory these prices include insurance, taxes and unlimited kilometers and has franchise, if you want to secure all paid the extra € 10 for categories a, b, c, d,
It's the franchise bit? Does she mean the excess? Is it a €450 excess which can be waived for €10 a day?

If that's the case I can just get a stand alone policy that's cheaper.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Yes, the excess is €450 and you can insure against the excess for €10 a day.

Those stand-alone policies are better value (though of course don't forget that, in the event of uninsured damage, you have to cough up to the car-hire company and then claim back from the stand-alone policy)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Great thanks tavi. We'll take a CC with a high credit limit just in case then!