OD ENQ DROPPING LIKE A STONE

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
apexblue

OD ENQ DROPPING LIKE A STONE

Post by apexblue »

Since the new site marked drop in enquiries even though only 12 out of previous 48 listings in our area now show.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I'm not expecting enquiries because I'm pretty full but my page views are down quite a bit for June compared to last year.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Mine are more or less the same for June - about 7 a day - maybe slightly down.

I have had 2 bookings from them - one for Oct - one for next May - since they changed - so happy so far!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I'm keeping my eye on things too...as we are screwed if OD stop performing :cry:

We are fully booked so I am only expecting the odd enquiry for next year.
So far:
May 2014 - 299
May 2015 - 447

June 2014 - 231
June 2015 - 339

The increase in May seems astronomical, however I have a friend who had a villa with hardly any bookings up to April (3 bed, high end'ish). From the end of April to the end of May he had almost fully booked it (apart from a few June dates and a Sept week)
So people have been booking very late.
I also have another friend who has just taken a booking for a July week.

We have had 3 enquiries since the new look OD, and 1 booking. So, for the moment, it seems to be business as usual as that is what I would expect around now.

Mousie (with fingers, toes and everything crossed)
x
Last edited by Mouse on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Gettingthere

Post by Gettingthere »

Views up 30%+ but enquiries down. However I'm full this summer where I wasn't last, so it's difficult to judge. I'm not unduly worried at this stage, but I too rely heavily on OD for the majority of my bookings so I hope it's going to be ok.

Interestingly I have had a couple of phone calls via OD recently, which is rare. I think people are put off by the new enquiry interface. They also don't seem to spot the calendar for some reason and are disappointed when I tell them their dates are unavailable.
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

Although I am no fan of OD being a booking agent, three weeks of June have been poor for new booking fixes.

The year to date has been very good and June has been the first month where things have not been better than last year.

The figures I refer to are the total value of bookings agreed in any one month for all stays to come. June occupancy is up on last year but the value of bookings taken (fixes made) this June is significantly down compared to last June.

Conversations with other booking agents have confirmed a widespread similar trend.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

Ditto Mouse....people are booking later. I don't use od but ha, I had half summer weeks avail until 2 weeks ago, reduced them a bit (priced in GBP so could afford to v euro). The remaining weeks sold almost immediately.

People want good value.
Eugenie

OD

Post by Eugenie »

Indeed, very quiet since they launched their new site.

Looks like they are going the way of HL with response time punishment if you don't reply via their site.

No doubt we will be penalised in search results if we don't accept their: "Less work, more bookings, Online Payment" scheme.

They may need to look at the name though as "Owners Direct" implies guests book directly with the owner!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Actually, dare I say it, enquiries are up on last year at this time.
Though only 3 weeks converted and another 4 in limbo so I still think people are only semi serious...as they would be at this time of year in our market; most owners don't even have their 2016 prices showing - we are one of the very few, and hardly any flights have been released.

Hoping I hear from at least one of the outsanding enquirers. Both are for two week periods in June which is very rare!

Mousie
x
tavi

Post by tavi »

strangely, I'm similar to Mouse.

Half of both May and June 2016 booked and deposit paid, and another June 2016 enquiry today. Before this year, June was harder to sell than May - it's difficult to understand the patterns.

I think I'm getting Charles's missing guests!
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I had 2 bookings via OD in June but my views for July have dropped substantially compared to last year - a bit worrying ..

Only 2 enquiries via OD since June so my fast response isn't helping me until I get another 3!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

rosebud wrote:my views for July have dropped substantially compared to last year - a bit worrying ..
Same here; page views for both June and July are well down on last year. I expect it is to do with their search filters.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Mine are the same bar 1 and there's another week to go, so it should be a little more than last year.

Mousie
x
StQ

Credit to OD where it's due

Post by StQ »

Like many on this forum, had misgivings about the new site, fearing that the OD model would be 'our way or no way' and no longer allow renters to make bookings direct with us property owners.
And I posted my concerns (and yes even disgust) with the way it seemed to be going. Even developed my own site and signed up with Rentalia.
So, 6 months on, how's it been?
I have to record that the new site has been fantastic for me. Page Views up 4-fold. Enquiries 2-fold. Best summer ever for bookings & revenue.
It goes against the grain this but- thru partly gritted teeth- I feel honour bound to say well done and thanks to OD.
StQ
Casscat

Re: Credit to OD where it's due

Post by Casscat »

StQ wrote:I feel honour bound to say well done and thanks to OD.
Wow, that's certainly not a sentence you see often on here, or indeed anywhere else! :mrgreen: