What a nice thing to say!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
kg1

What a nice thing to say!

Post by kg1 »

Having had a pretty c**p couple of weeks, & 2 nights not sleeping I really, really wasn't up for driving 1 3/4 hrs there & back to turn the house around. Never mind, we got stuck in & away as soon as we could.

Later I called the new guests to check they were happy. They said "it's lovely & has a homely feeling, we feel like we are looking after the house for you because you have gone on holiday, we have been to many holiday homes & this is definitely the best!"

Well! Just a few words can make such a difference. :)
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Is that the dawn breaking? No, it's the (very well-deserved) glow of pride from the direction of Lymington. 8)

It's so satisfying when someone really gets what we're trying to provide. :D
annedab

Post by annedab »

Lovely! Enjoy your Sunday and hope you catch up with your sleep :)
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
tavi

Post by tavi »

oo lovely!

Makes it all worthwhile :)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Aw...how nice for you!

Hope things turnaround for you.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

What great timing for such a boost. I've recently had "best cottage we've ever stayed in" in my guest book, so I know how you feel. After 9 years I finally felt like I'd made it!

I doubt guest realise what a few words can mean to us.

Hope you feel better soon.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Normandie wrote:Is that the dawn breaking? No, it's the (very well-deserved) glow of pride from the direction of Lymington. 8)

It's so satisfying when someone really gets what we're trying to provide. :D
Yes, I really did get a 'glow', and it was unexpected as these guests had up 'till now been a little high maintenance - swopping & chopping their guests & details. Just goes to show. :)
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Well done, KG. Amazing what a warm feeling is generated by a few "goodly words". :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
bessie

Post by bessie »

It's catching just had a lovely text from guest after their holiday,also a Canadian who is changing travel plans just so they can stay in our cottage they have fell in love with it.
It makes it all worth the effort ,just a few well meaning words.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

That's lovely too bessie....well done!

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

It's lovely to hear some feelgood stories for a change - well done all, and thank you for posting them :lol:
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

well done, my last guests raved about their holiday & it really does feel good. The ones before moaned all week....funny how pretty much the same experience can be so different in perception.

The distribution is pretty much bell shaped - some rave, most say nothing (which I take as good), a few moan. Some moan & come back to repeat their moans!!!

13 years & yet to be surprised....
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Well, it was a nice thing to say - but what about the dent on the freezer door & the blood stains on duvet cover, sheet & mattress protector then? Mmmmh?
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Oh dear, KG. Have you been able to get the blood stains out with cold salty water?

How bad is the dented freezer door? OH managed to rub ours down, fill it with P38 Easy Sand car filler and respray the door - but it is a white fridge/freezer, not a super shiny polished metal jobbie.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

kyreniagirl wrote:Well, it was a nice thing to say - but what about the dent on the freezer door & the blood stains on duvet cover, sheet & mattress protector then? Mmmmh?
Oh no, I think we jinxed it! Hopefully the blood stains will come out although it will be a lot of effort. Freezer door ruined. This weekend I've had a burn mark on an oak window sil and a ring mark on a cream painted dressing table - ruined. :cry: They wrote lovely comments in my guest book again too. Funny that! :evil: