List of complaints a mile long from our latest guests

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Rocket Rab

Re: visitors books

Post by Rocket Rab »

Susan wrote:If you advertise a TV, maybe it would be better to specify that is is French TV only to avoid any confusion.
Good point, Susan. It really hadn't crossed my mind to do this, as it seems obvious (to me, but apparently not to guests) that programming will be in French unless one specifically advertises satellite TV. By the way, we are installing satellite TV this weekend... :D
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Susan wrote: I sympathise on the neightbour front - we have lovely French neighbours and some guests can't even bring themselves to say 'bonjour', which is really rude, IMHO.
This is such a common problem I suspect, when foreigners visit France, I'm off now to open up a new thread!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Gasc.... :D

It was and it wasnt.... :wink: .

When I saw it I realised it wasnt done by teenagers but by an Adult :cry: ...I could tell by writing and comments...but after ready the 1st couple realised he was a pr*t so then when I read what he had written it didnt bother me. :roll:

Do you know what I mean...If they had been comments that had some merit I would have felt responsible.

He said Sit on Patio Chairs at own risk which was fair enough.... as I wrote in Melting Chairs....
All replaced now with metal & Mesh ones...3 tables 12 chairs for each house.

The clock wasnt working...true[needed battery]

Then he started on the Local Restaurants and Bars that Id mentioned....

He called one a [Gay Bar ]which is sooo laughable we go regularly and its all middleaged couples and Karaoke......
Or Quiz night....
He then said the Spanish Bar was a
[Total Disaster ...stay well away...]
We eat there regularly and had a family meal with my niece and children the last night we were there it was lovely...
He then mentioned a nearby cafe.
.[.Bloke Very Miserable...]...well he should know about that.
Another Bar...[ Bloke Paul will rip you off you have been warned....].
He then said the Aquapark was[Total Shite]
All the families have said how nice it is and both my daughters have been and enjoyed it.....

It carried on like this[with a few swear words] and I just felt like saying...How much fun are you to holiday with?????

So even though it was upsetting you can see what I mean..
Before seeing it....I was also a bit worried that other people who had been after him might have given the comments some credence..but after seeing it Im sure they would have thought the same as me... :roll:

Ive sort of narrowed it down as Paula[she who does] and me were talking, while out for a meal... about the ...'Gay Bar'[that isnt and her Husband suddenly said Oh one of the chaps I took to the airport said ALL the bars were Gay Bars....
Then we quizzed him was it this one or that one and he got a bit flummoxed...and wished hed not mentioned it or took notes as he didnt know hed have to answer questions later :lol:

He said... Well I laughed and said well Ive lived here for about 10 years and never found a Gay Bar .So youve had better luck than me :wink:...As he didnt think he was serious...

Then I realised whoever it was didnt matter and by giving him to much attention wouldnt help :roll:
If I contacted him he might get some satisfaction that he had got a reaction :evil:

Bear in mind all the Guests who been at that time had emailed to say theyd had a great holiday that sort of thing...

So Id sort of dismissed it[which is why I hadnt updated you all] and am just in the middle of copying it all out on word and Im going to put it into a folder so it can be saved and reused as needed.
There are some idiots in the world and the only thing we can change about that is by not worrying about them :wink: :roll: :lol:
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Ros wrote: There are some idiots in the world and the only thing we can change about that is by not worrying about them :wink: :roll: :lol:
Hear, hear Ros. Couldn't agree more :D
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Jenny wrote:
Susan wrote:If you advertise a TV, maybe it would be better to specify that is is French TV only to avoid any confusion.
Good point, Susan. It really hadn't crossed my mind to do this, as it seems obvious (to me, but apparently not to guests) that programming will be in French unless one specifically advertises satellite TV. By the way, we are installing satellite TV this weekend... :D
Personally, I don't think it hurts the level of bookings at all - on the contrary, especially out of season when the weather is not always sunny....if people don't want it, they can just unplug it!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

hi Ros.....been 'off site' for a bit and have just read about your brush with those cretins. Good lord I would have been sorely tempted to email them and give them a piece of my mind! But I know how upsetting it must have been.
What is it with some people - they have to bring everyone else in the world down......I often think much of it is down to jealousy.

As for the TV comments......I've known people rent our villa and literally sit inside watching the TV and DVD's most days of the holiday!!
It never fails to amaze me....and the kids are worse. Some of them would rather sit in on a sunny day watching telly than be out splashing about the pool!

Ah....holidaymakers! You can't beat em (its illegal you know!!!! :D )

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mouse,

Welcome back I was only thinking of you the other day....Bet the stains are mounting up without you :wink: :roll: :D
Ah....holidaymakers! You can't beat em (its illegal you know!!!!
:lol: :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I am positively luxuriating in my world without stains!!!!
Now that the season has finished for us I can happily live in 'white world' and remain stain free!?

However....I am pondering about towels (oh no!!!!! Not another addition to the towel thread :lol: )

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
garlic

Post by garlic »

I say 'French Tv' but I leave DVDs for rainy days oh dear some of those are in French too (the minority and I just think for me on holiday I love to immerse myself in the country I'm in, so what If I don't understand)

On the note of staying in watching telly all day (if I'm going off topic dooo slap my wrist). But when we first came out here a friend came with her children to visit and then complained that her son played playstation with my son all day (it was a phase for him and long gone). I tried to explain that my son wasn't on holiday he lived here, I actually wanted to wring her neck and say actually none of my family are on holiday and you are just making my life more difficult as I am having to cook and clean up after you and yours everyday as you are on holiday and it's your responsibility to entertain your child...they haven't been back
enid

Post by enid »

We've just come back from a 2 week break in the sun - I confess to having spent some time watching TV - I went to recharge my batteries and I'm not a very good sunbather so sometimes I just slobbed out on the very comfy sofas while Kevin sinbathed on the terrace. Just goes to show that folks have all sorts of expectations from their holiday :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Enid, :D Welcome back

Glad you had a great time on your Hols[where did you go]..Ros being Nosey.... :wink:

Holidays should be whatever people want them to be...My husband works really hard and enjoys TV also like you cannot sunbathe for long...so he watches TV while Im like your hubby and a real sun worshipper and love it so each to his own...
Kevin sinbathed :shock: on the terrace.
Mind you his version of sunbathing sounds MUCH more fun :wink: :roll: :lol:
garlic

Post by garlic »

Kevin sinbathed on the terrace
Very decadent...too much for my innocent mind to comprehend :oops:
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Ros wrote:
and her Husband suddenly said Oh one of the chaps I took to the airport said ALL the bars were Gay Bars....
Then we quizzed him was it this one or that one and he got a bit flummoxed...and wished hed not mentioned it or took notes as he didnt know hed have to answer questions later :lol:

He said... Well I laughed and said well Ive lived here for about 10 years and never found a Gay Bar .So youve had better luck than me :wink:...As he didnt think he was serious...
I think the term "gay" has a different meaning for teenagers. My own teenagers call anything they don't like/want to do/are annoyed with, "Gay". I think it's the in "insult at the moment.

I hear it bandied about all the time and no amount of reasoning and PC debate seems to change things. I've come to the conclusion (well desperately hoping really) that they will grow out of it! :roll:

I also holidayed last year, with my 16 year old son and to be absolutely honest I could imagine him thinking/muttering most of those things about everything we did as he really didn't seem to want to be there.

Having said that, I'm as sure as any mother can be, that he would have better manners than to say that to anyone else and certainly would not deface your information book.

Anyway I would kill him if he did so that would sort the problem once and for all wouldn't it? :wink:
enid

Post by enid »

That's it now - another word added to our family vocab list 'sinbathing' :D

We were in Teneriffe Ros - did a swap through LMH to get some November sunshine and chill out - great sea views and a very quiet apartment did the job :D :D
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

enid wrote:That's it now - another word added to our family vocab list 'sinbathing' :D
I thought you'd coined it deliberately Enid - great word! Glad you had a great time and have recharged your batteries.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be