Spike sticking up under pool liner.

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Morristhedog

Spike sticking up under pool liner.

Post by Morristhedog »

My newly installed pool has a spike sticking up sharply, threatening the liner. I suppose it will be concrete that was not smooth enough. At this stage does anyone know what can be done about it? I had thought of reinforcing the area with a patch to last the season, but I have no idea if this is a good idea. All useful ideas welcomed.
The builder is too busy to come and look or help.
A dreamer is one who can only find his way home by moonlight.
teapot

Post by teapot »

Another useless pool builder, pools are seen as get rich quick schemes by builders, makes my blood boil!

Make sure you can claim for the water and new liner if required as it's not fit for purpose and it seems they don't give sh1t.

You won't be able to move the liner with the water in so empty and remedy your self? what is between the liner and the concrete base?
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
Morristhedog

Post by Morristhedog »

There is a sort of furry blanket between the concrete and the liner. My guests arrive on Saturday and successive ones continue until the end of August. I can't really put in a new liner. All their holidays would be ruined if it leaks. I am in panic for the poor guests.

Finally I have heard from the builder who will look on Saturday. I do hope he has insurance, and will pay. He has already ruined the liner throwing in chlorine which bleached away the blue colour in huge patches. He believes that something is on top of the blanket and it is not the fault of the concrete. Whatever, the result is the same.
A dreamer is one who can only find his way home by moonlight.
teapot

Post by teapot »

Morristhedog wrote: Finally I have heard from the builder who will look on Saturday. I do hope he has insurance, and will pay. He has already ruined the liner throwing in chlorine which bleached away the blue colour in huge patches. He believes that something is on top of the blanket and it is not the fault of the concrete. Whatever, the result is the same.
Action not look, the bleached liner tells me plenty that this person doesn't know what they are doing.
Let us know how you get on Saturday.

That will be the felt under the liner, it's quite tough as is the liner, certainly when knew but how sharp the point is I cannot see so I hope its ok.

How big is the pool?
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world