My website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Rexer

My website

Post by Rexer »

Hi everyone,
my first post here (other than in the introduction thread) after lurking for some time.

I have a property in Yallingup, Western Australia and although this is a fair way away from most of the rest of you, a lot of the issues are the same.

This website is generated by a holiday accomodation site, and I have no control over the 'format'. But, what I can obviously control is the text, so just wondering if those of you who are a 'experts' might cast an eye over it and see what you think.

http://www.ozstays.com/18426

We built the house ourselves, it is on 12 acres of land and has a lovely valley outlook as you can see. Our first guests are in the house at as we speak and at this stage, other than ourselves, we have another booking for 1 week over Christmas.

Perhaps unlike some of you, we do not wish the house to be rented out continuously - we would rather have it rented out sporadically throughout the year. Hence we have priced the house to reflect this.

Anyway, all criticism greatly received.

Thanks.

R
enid

Post by enid »

I think the text is fine - gives me all the info I need clearly and concisely. Good photos. I am particularly intrigued by the fish cleaning sink :D
A-two

Post by A-two »

Rexer,
Spectacular place. Look forward to learning more about W. Australia, my folks are on the other side in Queensland. Couple of suggestions.

First, I would comply with the listing site's request to supply ID, so they will remove the VERIFICATION warning asap. You need that to make people feel more comfortable, at least until you have some positive feedback from previous guests to post there.

Second, people want to see at least one of the bedrooms. If you can't add more photos, then I would substitute the photo bottom right.

General comment. I appreciate the style of your place is very minimalist and that's very appealing, but places always look more welcoming with the table laid for dinner and a bowl of fresh local produce/fruit/ flowers. In the living room, you could place a local guide book on the side table in the foreground.
Last edited by A-two on Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Wow!! What a lovely spot. Good luck with it. I may well be over next year as a daughter is doing her MA in Australia ( why couldn't she have just done it in London like her other sis ?)but not in your neck of the woods :cry:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Rexer

Post by Rexer »

Thanks a lot everyone for the feedback so far.

The area is a big fishing spot, as well as being home to the Margaret River wine region and great surfing.

The fish - big 2-3ft long salmon (unfortunately not all that good to eat) are the main sport.

Regarding the notification warning - I've been working on that, faxed my rates notice etc but haven't quite got around to following things up just yet.

Thanks also for the feedback regarding the photos.

R
redstar

Post by redstar »

Hi Rexer, my first post, I have dial up and the download time was only about 10 seconds or so, looks fine, it seems to me the location is great , would maybe have taken out a couple of the interior photos and replaced them with location/fishing photos, nice site though, plenty of info.