Website review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
VillaMari

Website review

Post by VillaMari »

Hi all,

I would like to get your feedback on my new site for Villa Petra:

www.villa.hr

Thnx
Directly on the beach
Villa Mari - www.villa-mari.eu
Villa Petra - www.villa.hr
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

You came here in May also looking for a review on a website. You want people to spend their valuable time reviewing your sites but you cannot return the favour? Sorry but that's not really fair.

Some people put a HUGE effort into answering your other questions as well. With 2 websites and several properties, surely you have something to contribute?

I'll no doubt get bashed for being so harsh but this forum is only so successful because people help each other with advice.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Hello

I've just had a quick look...

My first impression was 'fab pictures - looks like a great place to visit'. After that though, I was left wondering where it was - I thought, as everything's in German, it was Northern Germany, but later guessed Croatia as you have some Croatian links at the bottom. I was specifically looking, though... not sure a potential guest would do that.

Do you have any other languages on there? I couldn't find any, though perhaps you're only intending on marketing to Germans, so it may not be necessary. As a Dutch speaker, I could kind of wade my way through the German but got confused as to whether you have 1 villa or several... perhaps this might have been clearer if I had been reading it in English.

Like a lot of people now, I was looking at your site on my smartphone and the drop down menu unfortunately scrambled with the text on the homepage when I had my phone in 'portrait', however, it did seem to read okay when I rotated my phone.

As I said, it was only a quick look... others can probably give more comprehensive advice. I liked the 300 days of sunshine bit, by the way... definitely not like Northern Germany!
VillaMari

?

Post by VillaMari »

Hi kevsboredagain,

thank you for your remarks although I am still figuring out where is the frustration coming from.

If you think I violated some rules of this forum please turn to the administrator. Don't bother yourself with my posts and their frequency. Use your valuable time to get rid off your frustrations instead.

All the best and get well soon!

kevsboredagain wrote:You came here in May also looking for a review on a website. You want people to spend their valuable time reviewing your sites but you cannot return the favour? Sorry but that's not really fair.

Some people put a HUGE effort into answering your other questions as well. With 2 websites and several properties, surely you have something to contribute?

I'll no doubt get bashed for being so harsh but this forum is only so successful because people help each other with advice.
Directly on the beach
Villa Mari - www.villa-mari.eu
Villa Petra - www.villa.hr
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

It's not a rule. It's called etiquette. People follow it out of respect for others.
Marks

Re: ?

Post by Marks »

VillaMari wrote: If you think I violated some rules of this forum please turn to the administrator.
Have a read of what the administrator says, second sentence in particular:

viewtopic.php?t=186
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

i thought the same why is your Website only in German ?

who is your target market ?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Zur Alten Weinkelter wrote:i thought the same why is your Website only in German ?

who is your target market ?
It is in English too - if you go to the top left there is a drop down box allowing you to select English or German.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I must admit that I do find the site a bit confusing. When the most prominent word on the home page is 'villa' you tend to think it's the whole house that's up for rent and it's only much later that it becomes obvious we're talking about apartments. Personally I would make sure that my home page had a banner headline speaking of 'magical holiday apartments right by the sea' so as to leave no room for doubt.