Properties that sleep 12.

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
kg1

Properties that sleep 12.

Post by kg1 »

We have friends who go away as a large family group at least once a year. There are 10 adults/large teenagers and 2 children. They seem to have a great deal of trouble finding places. Last 2 years they went to the IOW, this year it's Kings Lynne, but it has been various places in the past within 2/3 hours drive of the London area. Hopefully with something to amuse the children.

I'm not sure if they are looking in the right price band - max £2500.00 for the week. They seem to have had some ropey properties, threadbare carpets, heating not sufficient for a house that size, small kitchens - no way you could plate up for 12 in it, lounges that only seat 5 or 6 despite sleeping 12. They don't complain but make the best of it as the Grandmother pays for the rental and it would be unkind to moan.

Just wondered if anyone on here has suitable properties and could send me their websites which I can pass on to them for future reference.

If, though, you think what they are looking for is unreasonable then please say!!

Thanks.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

A near identical thread running here: viewtopic.php?t=24475 :wink:

Here's the thread I've linked to from last year too. viewtopic.php?t=21001

That price band is easily doable and they should find something gorgeous for that!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Thank you Nemo - never thought there would be a similar thread!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

£2500 should be plenty. That's our maximum in August!
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
lel

Post by lel »

Down here in the beautiful Limousin, we can accommodate 12 plus in luxury for £2300 with the current exchange rate (in high season). Regular short flights from Stansted and Southampton!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

lel wrote:Down here in the beautiful Limousin, we can accommodate 12 plus in luxury for £2300 with the current exchange rate (in high season). Regular short flights from Stansted and Southampton!
Thank you, but they usually go within the UK but I will pass your details on just in case,
Crossways

Post by Crossways »

My property sleeps 12 in 6 bedrooms?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

KathyG wrote:£2500 should be plenty. That's our maximum in August!
I think rentals in general are more expensive in the UK than in France, Kathy. But then UK guests don't have to fork out for a ferry or plane to get to a holiday rental in the UK.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

la vache! wrote:
KathyG wrote:£2500 should be plenty. That's our maximum in August!
I think rentals in general are more expensive in the UK than in France, Kathy. But then UK guests don't have to fork out for a ferry or plane to get to a holiday rental in the UK.
Yes that's true Susan. Hope your season's going well. Have had to rewrite the recycling/waste instructions yet again and increase the amount of wheelie bins to avert yet another bin crisis. Sorry, off topic!
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

KathyG wrote:Have had to rewrite the recycling/waste instructions yet again and increase the amount of wheelie bins to avert yet another bin crisis. Sorry, off topic!
Oh no! We have communal bins for domestic rubbish and the cardboard, tin and plastic recycling (which people don't like because we are 300m from them but I can't do anything about that) so there is usually no problem with the rubbish and recycling. I take all bottles to the bottle bank myself every Monday morning. Some Mondays it is a long job!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Many thanks to all those who replied. I have sent on all your details. Hopefully they will have a nicer experience next time around.
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting