2016 bookings how are you doing?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Codliveroil

2016 bookings how are you doing?

Post by Codliveroil »

In previous years we start getting bookings for the following year in about October, this year we have 7 weeks booked already, only 1 week is a repeat. I put it down to the weak Euro, the Greek saga, Tunisia shootings ruling it out and it's neighbours, Egypt, Turkey.

Anyone else finding this, how are you doing?
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Got 7 weeks booked fo4 2016 too. Had another enquiry today for August 16 via OD. This time last year I didn't have any bookings for 2015.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I have several weeks booked for 2016, but the weak euro does not affect my rental rates as they are priced in sterling so in fact my eurozone bookings are likely to be non-existent and all my guests so far are Brits. For non-eurozone holidaymakers, well they are gambling on the exchange rate a year from now in terms of cost of living day to day.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Just (hopefully) coming up to 6 weeks booked next summer. Am convince it's the exchange rate - I price in euros, and also that the airlines are releasing their schedules/seats much, much earlier these days.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I have 10 weeks booked for 2016 - Americans, Canadians and Australians and one UK ( unusual to get so far in advance for a 'local'). 4 weeks taken by either returners or friends of previous guests referred.
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I have 21 weeks booked for 2016 and 10 weeks booked for 2017, some are repeats and a couple are recommendations, other than that the others are new
nuneatonmark

Post by nuneatonmark »

12 weeks booked for our condo in Florida but nothing for our Apartment in Newquay yet. Neither is that surprising as the former are returning Snowbirds and we normally start getting bookings for Newquay from August/September
Nuneaton Mark
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

So far, given that not all flights are released and the palaver with OD, we are doing quite well. In fact as well as last year.

Last year was a cracker for forward bookings (which I class as anything before xmas). We're not in a market where it is common but we always do better than the rest because I get our next years prices up by June and offer a book now for 10% deposit (it is usually 50%) with the remaining 40% paid end of January when others start to look and book.

Gosh, the American market books up well ahead! Why is that?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

In France lots of bookings for 2016 but that's normal for a winter season. In Spain, ZERO. I still even have a week free in August this year for the first time ever.

Codliveroil, did you know your website homepage does not start at the left edge of the browser correctly. Not sure how to explain but if the browser window is too small, the left side cannot be reached, even with scrolling.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

5 weeks booked for 2016. A 4 week booking from Australia & a 1 week booking from the UK.

My earliest booking for 2015 was in Sept 2014 so I am doing better.
brightmike

Post by brightmike »

Big fat ZERO

But we do so far have a rolling 3 months booked ahead

We only only tend to get UK visitors, apart from being on FK how do people find their non-UK visitors for UK properties?
Our property website can be found by looking at our profile.
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

A big fat zero for me too. But I know that as soon as September Weekend is over, which is a Big Deal in Millport :) I'll get a booking for that weekend in 2016. Usually I get a smattering of bookings in November, and then it all starts again in January.
I don't know how you tap into overseas , I reckon 90% of my guests are not only British, but Glaswegian!
CrabtreeBarnYorks

Post by CrabtreeBarnYorks »

Same as you brightmike, rolling few months ahead and xmas 15 booked but not much at all yet for 2016, in UK we seem to get mainly around 6 to 8 weeks before and same for a neighbouring holiday cottage up the road from us too. We do get loads of non UK residents though coming through mainly HL but also airbnb and more now through our own website too (a promote my place site).
ever hopeful!
www.crabtreebarn.com
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

Zero here too but it was the same last year and we were still full for most of the yr. this yr we have had a majority of late bookings so Im not worried. Not got this yr full yet either but on past experience we will fill it with no problems.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
DEP

Post by DEP »

Hi first I'd like to say a big thank you to all the posters and responders on this website. We are newbies and stumbled upon you all early on in our renovation work. What a source of information you are. We've been lurking around ever since but thought we'd take the plunge and introduce ourselves.

We went with one of the big listing agents and since launching in mid June we've got full occupancy through to the end of September.

As a newbie I did think that 2016 bookings seemed a bit far fetched at this time of year but just wanted to say that we got our first 2016 booking in this week!!!

Thanks again - You guys rock...
DEP