Promote my Place users

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Fil

Post by Fil »

HelenB wrote:PM on way.
Thank you :)
tavi

Post by tavi »

I've just sent you a code by pm.

:)
Wirksworth13

Post by Wirksworth13 »

I started a PMP page but hadn't had a chance to pay it the attention it needed. Now I have received an email saying it will expire tomorrow and I won't be able to access it but if I pay the £69 fee it will be OK. Does this sound right? If so can someone PM me a referal code if possible?
Thank you
First foray into this malarky
https://www.facebook.com/StayAtStemples/
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Just sending you one now!
Wirksworth13

Post by Wirksworth13 »

Thank you Felicity :D - I need to crack on with this. A little bit stumped as I can't work out how to edit the top of the page where it says 'your image here' tried dragging images but not getting anywhere :?
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I am just at an airport now waiting for my flight ( hence on Internet for quick reply!) so not in front of my computer until very late. But from what I can remember you have to load your images on a certain page and then you upload them when and where you want them in various pages. They are pretty good on step by step stages but I think I remember getting a bit befuddled by that. They don't have drag and drop, unless something has changed recently and you have to stick to the maximum size which I think is 4MB. Sorry not to be more precise but I will get back to you tomorrow if you haven't worked it out.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Felicity is right - it's a bit complicated and long winded. I had me stumped for a while when I set up my website.

Click on Add Photos which brings up another screen. Then click on Add Files. Select the photo you want from your computer and then click Upload again.

The picture will then appear in a gallery. You can then highlight the photo you want and click on Insert.

Done.
Wirksworth13

Post by Wirksworth13 »

Hi thank you. I have figured that out. But at the top of the Home Page and I assume every other page, it says 'YOUR IMAGE HERE'. I am assuming this will be a generic image that appears at the top of all the pages but I can't find where to edit it......... Guess I need to ask them :idea:
Wirksworth13

Post by Wirksworth13 »

Woo hoo - Worked it out - thanks everyone :roll:
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I wuld certainly recommend Alan and Lisbeth:- http://rentmoreweeks.com/2016/04/01/vac ... ril-fools/

Traffic to my new website is fantastic

Sandra
tavi

Post by tavi »

wirksworth just an aside -you can in fact choose to show the header photo ONLY on the home page. You may already know that?

Thus when navigating to other pages the reader doesn't have to scroll down to get at your text.
Wirksworth13

Post by Wirksworth13 »

Thank you Tavi - I worked that bit out but I hadn't considered that it would mean that browsers would have to scroll down to get to the text if I hadn't done that - learning as I go along. Could do with taking a week out of work just to get it up and running, oh and not having spent 8 hours cleaning and thrown new bedlinen away yesterday after some pretty disrespectful guests would have been useful but that is another post ............
Enaid

Post by Enaid »

Following recommendations on another thread, I am considering making my own website with Promote My Place. One thing I am unsure of though (bearing in mind I am not very techie).... Do I have to find my own domain name? Or do they provide one? And if they do, is it likely to be a good one for searches, etc?
And if I have to find my own - how do I go about that??

I'm useless I know. :roll:

Thanks
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I thought they provided one but looking at their website I see they have suggestions and they give you help pointing at them. If you are seriously technically lacking then I suggest you 'ask a friend' - perhaps someone on here could help. I resorted to techie son for that bit.

If you would like a referral code for a small discount on PMP (£10 to you and £10 off my next sub), send me a PM!

Edited to say, just chose something of your own that you think will be good for your property - involving place name perhaps? I just have my own property name as I put that into all my paid advertising so they google it and find it easily. Others have things like villain[place name] although of course you may find all the ones you want are taken if it is a well known place.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

FelicityA wrote:
If you would like a referral code for a small discount on PMP (£10 to you and £10 off my next sub), send me a PM!
A good little earner you've got going there recommending most newbies to PMP :P