Promote my Place users

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Yes, although I am not alone!! I genuinely believe in the product though and I think those of us who have PMP websites are more than pleased with the customer service which is such a refreshing change from the listing sites.
tavi

Post by tavi »

FelicityA wrote:Yes, although I am not alone!! I genuinely believe in the product though and I think those of us who have PMP websites are more than pleased with the customer service which is such a refreshing change from the listing sites.
I totally agree with Felicity. I would recommend PMP even without the odd tenner off the annual fee.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I've never had a tenner off my annual fee and I'd still recommend them! :D
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Promote My Place

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

Hi
I think the time has come to update my website to hopefully increase the direct booking numbers , my current web provider does not do much for their annual fee and yes i can upload a new template from there selection and start again but it is quite complexed and i have not done anything to the site in 6 year apart from a few text and photo changes :oops: , however i have been looking at promote my place and i know that they are a few of you on LMH that currently use them
and it looks simple enough :shock:
i would just like and Pro's and Cons of how people have found their service and ease of use, i have a little time until the end of the year left to run on my existing provider ,so i thought about taking time to build the new site and go live for 2017

Maria
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower
kevsboredagain

Re: Promote My Place

Post by kevsboredagain »

Zur Alten Weinkelter wrote: i would just like and Pro's and Cons of how people have found their service and ease of use,
I once tried that

viewtopic.php?t=23462&postdays=0&postor ... t&start=15
Last edited by kevsboredagain on Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

PMP has its detractors, but most here who actually use their offering have nothing but praise. This is based on three simple things:

- Ease of use. Even a moron like me can create a really splendid web site painlessly. I looked at other site building web sites but this one is specific to the holiday rentals market so it understands what you need and want to put into your web presence as far as 'come buy me' lovely looks and practical information are concerned.

- Support. If you have any problems whatsoever the PMP team are prompt to respond and really do take time and trouble to help you out. Compare and contrast with the complete absence of genuine interest from many listing sites when you have a query.

- Price! Exceptional value for money. Really exceptional.

I know my own site needs a bit of updating, and I will get around to this, but I am full of praise for PMP. Paying a professional to build you your very own bespoke site will give you something more obviously personal, but not necessarily better from many that I have seen. And Kev, that is not a comment about you because I know you create quality sites, but sadly this is not the case across the board.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Just yesterday there appeared to be a bug. When I put in that I wanted a weekly rate, it kept defaulting to nightly. I emailed support at 15.36. Personal reply saying that they were looking at it at 16.06. Problem fixed 16.29. What service!!
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

Thanks all

i have contacted them with a few questions and they replied promptly which is a good sign , i have had quotes from various local developers and i do not like the idea of them taking control with the editing and the costs were quite high especially with wanting to send their own photographer and as i am not very tech savvy to build one from scratch i need a simple cost effective option that looks functional and informative
like i said previously i am trying to get more direct bookings especially with all the uncertainty with the various portals charging not only the property owners ( ok i know we have to pay for some advertising ) but when the guests have too as well giving them the impression that we ( the owners ) have hiked the prices up to be greedy
so starting we a new look website and careful meta tags it should work ... ever the optimist :wink:
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I recall that you get a free trial so you can fiddle around with the template etc. and see how you find the sitebuilder before committing to buy (and adding your own web address).
davelee

PMP - another fan

Post by davelee »

I have been using PMP for 18months, and been delighted with the quality of my website, the value for money and the service.
As an example, I contacted them as the 'Captcha' feature on the contact tab wasn't working. My message was sent at 13:47, reply email from them at 14:21 to say all sorted (which it was).
Holiday house in Bude, North Cornwall
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Oh my gosh davelee - your property looks fabulous. Have made a note for future reference if we want a family get-together.
davelee

Post by davelee »

Thank you NeatandPicky.
Your place looks fab too - would be ideal for our family of four!
Holiday house in Bude, North Cornwall
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Thanks! :-)
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

Hi all :-) I am now halfway through my 14 day free trial period with PMP and love it! Lots and lots of nice feedback from those to whom I have shown it. A few more bells and whistles to add but I'll be asking for help with those in a different thread. Meanwhile, if anybody wants to let me have a referral code, it would be gratefully received.
Many thanks
Tivoli
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Tivoli wrote:Hi all :-) I am now halfway through my 14 day free trial period with PMP and love it! Lots and lots of nice feedback from those to whom I have shown it. A few more bells and whistles to add but I'll be asking for help with those in a different thread. Meanwhile, if anybody wants to let me have a referral code, it would be gratefully received.
Many thanks
Tivoli
Here's my referral code - 836595

MY PMP website is in my Profile info. if you want to look.