Promote my Place users

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Cymraes

Promote my Place users

Post by Cymraes »

I am thinking of using them to make the website for the cottage - I have a domain already but I'm not that good at website design and after a disastrous experience with Wordpress I need something different.

Do I just sign up direct or is there someone here who would benefit from a referral of me to them?
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

PMP is very easy to use. Will PM you a referral code.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

You can create a professional looking web site via PMP so simply that it really is idiot proof. Not that I am suggesting you are an idiot of course, especially as that would make me one too :mrgreen:
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Thank you SandyBeaches :)

Casscat - Believe me it needs to be idiot proof.... I keep meaning to learn to code a bit but there is so much else I want to do first that realistically I will never get around to it.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

You will be just fine.
Any problems and the support is really good from PMP but you will be able to write in English and change your website as and when you want, including having as many pages and photos as you want.

One tip - there is no real spell checker, so when you are happy with a section, highlight and copy into a word document and then any spelling errors will show up, PMP advise not to do it the other way round, ie highlight and copy onto your web page.
revdev

Post by revdev »

Another huge tick for PMP. Super easy to use, very robust and great support.
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Another fan of PMP here too!
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Stumbled on a website created through PMP this morning and came here to check whether there are any current threads and it is at the top!

We designed two websites ourselves back in 2005, using 'Sitebuilder' software through UK-Cheapest (which we thought had very low-cost hosting packages at the time). As far as I remember, at the time they had hardly any templates especially for holiday homes, so we just used the nearest we could find.

Our sites are just about the same as they were 10 years ago, apart from new photos and tinkering with the layout of the pages.

We still subscribe to the Sitebuilder software, but moved our hosting and domains to HostPapa in 2013, as it was even cheaper than what we were paying with UK-Cheapest (we now have our English-language website as a sub-domain for free, where we were paying £100 hosting per year/per website before).

We knew it was time for an overhaul when the teenage son of one of the families who stayed at the beginning of the year said that our sites were very basic and should be replaced.

When we look at some of the beautiful holiday home presentations that some of you have, we would like to have something similar. But of course everything comes at a price.

We saw that the language translations on some of the PMP examples we have looked at seem to work very well, and much easier than having two separate 'mirror' sites that we have had over the last 10 years.

PMP would be an improvement on what we now have, and their charges are surprisingly low, but still not sure whether to go for something more unique.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Should you decide to take a look, please PM me for a referral code.
Mr Cellophane

Post by Mr Cellophane »

I have just set up my PMP website, very pleased with their offering and service.

But my Free Trial ends in a week, so do I detect from preceding posts that there is some sort of mutually beneficial referral system?

I would be interested to hear from an existing user who might supply a referral code if that is the case.

thanks in advance
tavi

Post by tavi »

I've sent you a referral code by PM. (WE both get £10 off! :) )
Mr Cellophane

Post by Mr Cellophane »

tavi wrote:I've sent you a referral code by PM. (WE both get £10 off! :) )

Oh right, excellent!

Many thanks
Rossetti

PMP referral code

Post by Rossetti »

Hi

I'm new to LMH as a member (first post!) but I've been following for a while now and find it a great resource. I've been holiday letting 3 properties in the Cotswolds for a year or so (mainly via Cottages4you but that's a subject for a whole different post….). Also using Airbnb (generally very good) and Holiday Lettings (so so).

But - I'm about to take the plunge with a dedicated website and have spent the weekend playing with PMP. I know from reading the forum that existing users get a credit if they refer a new user (who also gets a credit) which sounds like a win/win to me so would any existing PMP user like to send me the relevant code?

Thanks in advance
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Welcome to LMH saintbury
I've PMed you a referral code for PMP
Rossetti

Post by Rossetti »

Hi Dotty
Received - thanks