Promote my Place users

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I also don’t use their search optimisation but I get a lot of people saying they found me by just doing a search with the obvious keywords. I had thought that everyone was only finding me by seeing me on other listing sites ( those key words would be very expensive on google) , but on delving into this, apparently not. Of course it does take some time for your new website to become ‘popular’ with google. The more interesting and original information you have on there, the better so fill up as many pages as you can (there is no limit!) Are you planning on adding a blog? I have one but tend to neglect it. I am told that blogging is a GOOD THING.
Gozitana

Post by Gozitana »

Thanks very much for sharing your experience and for your advice Felicity - very helpful. I don't really want to start spending a ton of money on search optimisation, so the DIY option certainly appeals! I will have a think about a blog too. I'm sure you are completely right on that one!
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

I seem to remember someone on this forum tried the pmp seo paid thing a while ago, but were not that impressed with the result. All they did AFAIK was come up with a list of optimised words that should be scattered through the website.

The general advice is to write naturally and as Felicity says lots of content is key. We also get found, although we are on page 4, it seems there are people who are willing to search past page one to find their perfect property. I also have a Google my business listing which comes up on a map on page one for certain searches, which is invaluable.
Gozitana

Post by Gozitana »

Thanks Jenster. That's good to know. I'm definitely going to work on adding more content and will check out Google my business too. When I'm booking my own holidays I always search for owners personal websites to avoid paying service charges on Air bnb/Owner's Direct etc so just want to make sure people can find me this way too if they want to!
Tib

Referral Codes

Post by Tib »

We're just starting out and hoping to open this Spring. Is anyone able to offer a PMP referral code? Thanks.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Yes I will pm you a code.
Tib

Post by Tib »

Thank you!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Jenster wrote:I seem to remember someone on this forum tried the pmp seo paid thing a while ago, but were not that impressed with the result. All they did AFAIK was come up with a list of optimised words that should be scattered through the website.

The general advice is to write naturally and as Felicity says lots of content is key. We also get found, although we are on page 4, it seems there are people who are willing to search past page one to find their perfect property. I also have a Google my business listing which comes up on a map on page one for certain searches, which is invaluable.
Yes that was me....I paid and to be honest it was all just commonsense. I was quite disappointed.

Mouse
x
Cumbrianlass

Post by Cumbrianlass »

Hi, long time lurker. We bought in October and have been enjoying the place ourselves and fixing / improving. Just about to set up website etc to take bookings from Easter onwards and am going to use PMP to start. Anyone happy to share a code? Thanks
GRL

Post by GRL »

Cumbrianlass wrote:Hi, long time lurker. We bought in October and have been enjoying the place ourselves and fixing / improving. Just about to set up website etc to take bookings from Easter onwards and am going to use PMP to start. Anyone happy to share a code? Thanks
I'll Message you
Cumbrianlass

Post by Cumbrianlass »

That's great thank you!
Solex

Promote my place discount code

Post by Solex »

Am looking for someone to share a discount code please for promote my place. Many thanks
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I will send you a referral code!
Erica10b

PMP referral code

Post by Erica10b »

Hi,
I have just set up my website and PMP will want to be paid soon!

Can someone please share a referral code?

Thank you
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Yes I will PM you
Thanks