Anyone with Brighton connections?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Hells Bells

Anyone with Brighton connections?

Post by Hells Bells »

Son no 2 has friends in Brighton and his plan was to move there permanently. He went off in March, stayed temporarily with a friend, then returned home, mainly due to finding the job, but not the permanent accommodation. He's hoping to head to Brighton again soon, find the room and restart the job which was through an agency. It seems to be a chicken and egg situation. He can't get a job without a place to stay and he can't rent a room without a job.
Any suggestions? He's packed up his room at home twice now. He's been to visit friends in London for a few days, and was hoping that he could find somewhere before he had to come back home again.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I was dragged up in Brighton but can't help - my only remaining connection is my 92 year old mother.

However, a thought or two - AFAIK it's still a major spot for foreign students to come over to improve their English and there's stacks of B&Bs, hostels etc geared up to accommodating people for a few weeks. Would that be any use as a stop-gap? Possibly worth contacting the Universities - Sussex and whatever the old Brighton Poly is now called - for their accommodation lists or maybe they can offer something on campus out of term time?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

GB, that is wat I was thinking too. I've had a PM with some other suggestions too. I think he's probably been looking in the wrong places. I am also going to suggest he puts and ad on for room wanted. I've offered to loan the deposit and advance rent.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Wish him luck and warn him that if he ventures into Hove to be on the lookout for an elderly and apparently harmless lady careering along the pavement on her mobility scooter with carving knives sticking out from the wheels, and a leather jacket embossed with "Hell's Grannies". :shock:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

:lol: :lol: