Prolific scammers this week.

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Hells Bells

Prolific scammers this week.

Post by Hells Bells »

I've had too many to count this week, every enquiry has been a scam.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Me too! All from listing sites.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

So were mine, Slow Travel, and a free French site whose name escapes me have been the main culprits.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Even tony blair's trying to book my one-bed apartment for 6 delegates needing three double rooms (plus breakfast)now!!!
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

HelenB wrote:Even tony blair's trying to book my one-bed apartment for 6 delegates needing three double rooms (plus breakfast)now!!!
Probably not a scam - the last place he wants to back to now is No. 10!

John
Chris from slowtrav

Post by Chris from slowtrav »

HelenB wrote:So were mine, Slow Travel, and a free French site whose name escapes me have been the main culprits.
What??? Can you please forward me any information about this to chris at slowtrav dot com. We definitely do NOT do this, so someone must be using our name. I'd really like to track it down. Paolo knows me and I think knows this wouldn't be us.
Last edited by Chris from slowtrav on Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris from slowtrav.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Chris, you weren't the scammers obviously, but a couple of the enquiries did come via your site's enquiry form, although most were from a french site called Green-Acres,which was initially free.I have deleted the emails though. It was the usual Christian delegates wanting three rooms and breakfast. I don't think anyone intentionally allows them through, I've had them in the past from HolidayLets too.
Chris from slowtrav

That's a relief! I was afraid this meant that someone was representing themselves as Slow Travel.

Normally, we have a pretty efficient system for monitoring all inquiries on our listings to block the emails of the bad guys and send warning messages to our advertisers. This really keeps the numbers way down. However, on this particular week when they were so active, our "system" (me) was in the Cotswolds without internet access! :oops:
Chris from slowtrav.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Chris, I'd also suggest that you edit your post to remove the e-mail link (e.g. change it to chris -at- slowtrav -dot- com), so spammers won't pick up your e-mail from the forum.
Brooke
Chris from slowtrav

Done. Thanks for the reminder!
Chris from slowtrav.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Chris, glad I could clear it up for you.