Is your FB page interesting?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
brightmike

Is your FB page interesting?

Post by brightmike »

I have a FB page, Twitter account and Google+

I follow a few people / organisation on Twitter and rewteet some e.g. restaurant review, things to do in Brighton etc. I also post occasions things of interest and any special offers we have. As a result I tweet most days.

However I find FB more difficult. I posted lots of pictures when we started up and have also posted special offers etc. I am struggling however to think of interesting things to put on there. As a result, between you and me, our FB page is a bit boring!

What do you do to keep your FB page interesting?
Our property website can be found by looking at our profile.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Mine's boring too so welcome to the club! :mrgreen: It's quite difficult to keep the content zinging as I am rarely there. Once I move over to Spain I may be able to make the page more blog-like.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

+1. Living in the UK THERES ONLY SO MANY oops!.... So many photos I have to post. I sometimes upload a weather screenshot or find the odd link to a local restaurant, post a last minute offer or gap filler. I've just responded to a 1* review one of my current gusts has just left with no comment.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

[quote="Sam V]I've just responded to a 1* review one of my current gusts has just left with no comment.[/quote]

That's a very strange thing to do - leaving a review without a comment and while they are still there! If she feels strongly enough to tear herself away from her holiday to do that, why would she just not contact you? Very weird. Let us know how it develops. I suppose she thinks that has made your page more interesting for you.

My Facebook page is very boring too. I don't post very often and only get fired up when I've got gaps to fill. It's usually just wildlife shots.
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Bunny wrote:[quote="Sam V]I've just responded to a 1* review one of my current gusts has just left with no comment.
That's a very strange thing to do - leaving a review without a comment and while they are still there! If she feels strongly enough to tear herself away from her holiday to do that, why would she just not contact you? Very weird. Let us know how it develops. I suppose she thinks that has made your page more interesting for you.

My Facebook page is very boring too. I don't post very often and only get fired up when I've got gaps to fill. It's usually just wildlife shots.[/quote]

I've emailed them and left s reply on the FB comment. My manager is pop over today to see everything is so ok. They are repeat guests too. I find 1* a little insulting.

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

rosebud

Post by rosebud »

My Google Plus posts go automatically to Facebook & Twitter ...
I know ideally one should post separately on each Social Media platform but I don't!
I haven't had any bookings via Social Media but in the last 6 weeks people have benn clicking through to my website via Google Plus
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

+1 Mine is so dull I don't even look at it myself :lol:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

kevsboredagain wrote:+1 Mine is so dull I don't even look at it myself :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Mine too....... :oops:
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I do very well for bookings from facebook and have lots of interaction with our guests so Ikeep it updated.

The review with the 1 star is probably a mistake - it happened to me and I contacted the person as they had never stayed, she said her grandaughter was playing with her ipad so it may have happened inadvertantly
annedab

Post by annedab »

arkvilla wrote:The review with the 1 star is probably a mistake - it happened to me and I contacted the person as they had never stayed, she said her grandaughter was playing with her ipad so it may have happened inadvertantly
We had that too, although they didn't make any excuses - I think some people are just compulsive clickers :roll:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
brightmike

Post by brightmike »

arkvilla just read your post saying you are *not* boring so had a look at your FB. I'm very impressed! It has not crossed my mind to say goodbye to departing guests on there. There is definitely more I could do.

We are looking to have some new pictures done so will trickle them on to FB room by room.

I didn't include the Twitter and FB links if people want to tell me we are not boring ready :D

www.twitter.com/my bright on pad

www.facebook.com/myb right onp ad
Last edited by brightmike on Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our property website can be found by looking at our profile.
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

brightmike wrote:arkvilla just read your post saying you are *not* boring so had a look at your FB. I'm very impressed! It has not crossed my mind to say goodbye to departing guests on there. There is definitely more I could do.

We are looking to have some new pictures done so will trickle them on to FB room by room.

I didn't include the Twitter and FB links if people want to tell me we are not boring ready :D

www.twitter.com/mybrightonpad

www.facebook.com/mybrightonpad
Well, i didn't exactly say I am *not* boring but thank you :D

I hope you 'liked' my page

It's always a great marketing tool to interact with your guests - did you see my post about the bouquet of flowers I received?

The guests sent them before they even arrived at the villa - such a lovely gesture :D
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Phew! The 1* review has now been updated to a 5*, some unknown error on their part. Subsequently another guest has just left another 5* review and great positive comments.

I'm now a happy owner :D

Casscat

Post by Casscat »

All's well that ends well Sam. I figured it had to be an error. Anyone who genuinely thought it was 1* accommodation would be pouring venom onto the page and not departing without any comment.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Thank heavens they were able to amend their error. :roll: