Is your FB page interesting?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
annedab

Post by annedab »

BrightMike - not sure if you have guests with young families, but as you are in Brighton you might consider sharing some of the Exploring Senses FB posts - always lots of stuff going on for kids
https://www.facebook.com/ExploringSense ... on?fref=nf

Hope this doesn't breach any forum advertising rules! I will declare upfront that my son works with them, but most of their stuff is free.
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Essar

Post by Essar »

annedab wrote:Hope this doesn't breach any forum advertising rules! I will declare upfront that my son works with them, but most of their stuff is free.
Blatant conflict of interests - go to the naughty step and don't move for 30-minutes. :P
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

I also get lots of interaction ,enquiries and comments on my Facebook page. I'm there every weekend though, so it's probably easier for me than for off site owners.
A few ideas: I run competitions, with a voucher for a nearby restaurant as a prize.
I take loads of photos and put them up on the day I'm there- people love to see what the weather's like!!
I put special offers up, and try and paint a picture of what their break might involve..be creative in your language! I witter on about " bracing walks along a quiet beach with your canine chum" because I'm in Scottish Islands and there's no point in promising some sunshine!!
I LOVE the idea of welcoming guests though from Arkvilla's page., I'm definitely going to start that.
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

Millport Breaks is my Facebook page ,by the way- feel free to have a look .
brightmike

Post by brightmike »

jenboyle1959: A few ideas: I run competitions
I was thinking of a competition. We offer free wine so was thinking of a free upgrade to Champagne. But what could the competition be?

I was also thinking to email upcoming guests "if you get 10 shares then you get a free box of chocolates".... is this to much of a bribe???
Our property website can be found by looking at our profile.
annedab

Post by annedab »

Essar wrote:Blatant conflict of interests - go to the naughty step and don't move for 30-minutes. :P
A day with only 30 minutes on the naughty step would be a treat :twisted:
Regards

Anne

Cassis

Post by Cassis »

I update our FB page with loads of pictures showing what's going on in the garden - if you look at our page you'll think we should have opened a garden really, not a B&B. :oops:

But also lots of stuff about what's going on in the area, updates from Tourist Offices, places to visit etc.

I like the restaurant idea - I think I'll start doing that as there are 20 or so that we recommend to guests when they are here but I've never thought of mentioning them on FB. Nice one. 8)
Last edited by Cassis on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

I'm not sure about "ten shares and get a box of chocolate," I have a feeling that there are Facebook rules governing Sharing and Liking type posts- I think to avoid clogging up people's timelines with friend's liking and sharing!! Possibly Nemo might know- she's pretty up to speed on Facebook protocol?
I ran one competition to get people to send me their best photograph of the island, and one where I put a crocodile rock ( an local land mark)tee shirt in various positions over the town, People had to guess where the position was. I think I did ten. They got a voucher for a cafe visit. That worked well for repeat bookers who knew the island really well!
I also think it's good to ask questions- consultation is a big part of selling these days, so I periodically do a "what luxuries would you like to see in the flat- coffee makers? welcome pack for your dog? House coats?" etc etc. Or " what's your favourite part of getting ready for your holiday?" Trying to get people to respond can really take time, but keep at it.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Dunce question..... I've often seen things of local interest I'd like to share on my cottage (business page), but if I click 'share' there's only an option to share it on my personal page. Does anyone know how to share links onto your business page?
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

If it's on a Facebook page already, maybe a local information site, click "share" at the bottom of the post you want to share. It will come up with several options, including "Share...", then click THAT one! Again it will come up with several options- one is "Share on a page you manage" click that one.
If it's an outside Facebook link, for example a tourist information site, I just copy and paste the website address onto my page.
annedab

Post by annedab »

Oooh, thanks Jenboyle......That has been baffling me for a while - and it worked! I had to add in an extra step but that's because I set the page up in a slightly complicated way in the beginning :oops:
Regards

Anne

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Couple of quick replies; no you can't ask for a share for a competition entry as it requires someone to use their personal timeline and cannot be verified due to privacy settings. Liking or commenting is fine as it stays on the page.

If you're on a phone or tablet and want to share, then clicking the share button only gives your personal timeline option; click share and then write post. Then at the top where it says your timeline, click the down arrow tap to change and your page will be in one of the options.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Nemo wrote:If you're on a phone or tablet and want to share, then clicking the share button only gives your personal timeline option; click share and then write post. Then at the top where it says your timeline, click the down arrow tap to change and your page will be in one of the options.
Thank you Jenboyle and Nemo. I'm on a laptop and only ever seen an option to share on my personal timeline, so will try that. :D
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

As a new FB Bus user I'm nervous about the prospect of the review function. We really try to present the Villa well& spotless & with an artisan welcome pack but you know yourself - the odd guest can be a bit unique & complain about the cicadas etc.

Can I opt out of Reviews?

In my settings I've moderation switched on so that I get to see what people wish to post before it gets put up there.

Does it follow then that I'll currently be able to read reviews before they go live?

Many thanks
tavi

Post by tavi »

If i recall correctly you used to be able to opt out of revies by removing your map location from your page.

Not sure if you can moderate the reviews in advance...some reviews you won't even be able to see because they'll depend on the privacy settings of the poster.....in other words - only the friends of that poster will be able to read the reviews - if they happen to be visiting your FB page!

I think. FB are constantly moving the goalposts.