Getting payment from Airbnb

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Jonathan

Getting payment from Airbnb

Post by Jonathan »

We have just started trying Airbnb and have just had our first guests who were very nice. All well so far butthey arrived on 17 July and left on the 24th. We have not received payment from Airbnb, which should have been made on their arrival date.

I am not getting much help from Airbnb, does any one have any suggestions. We have three mor bookings through them but I am reluctant to accept any more until we start getting paid.

Thanks

Jonathan
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

Air bnb are very good payers from my experience.
Check that your account details with them are accurate as a first step.
If you can keep your head when all around you are panicking.......you have probably not seen the whole picture.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I had my first booking through them a month ago. I got an email on arrival day, 24th June ,to say the money was being transferred and would arrive in my account by 1st July, but in the end it arrived much sooner than that. Did you receive the email to say the money was being transferred?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

What payment method did you set up with AirBnB? I use Paypal and the rental amount is paid into my Paypal account on the 3rd day after the guest arrived. I've never had any problems with payment.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Surprised that you aren't getting any help from them, they've always replied promptly to any queries I've had.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

la vache! wrote:What payment method did you set up with AirBnB? I use Paypal and the rental amount is paid into my Paypal account on the 3rd day after the guest arrived. I've never had any problems with payment.
Transfer to my bank account. I don't like Paypal
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

HelenB wrote:I had my first booking through them a month ago. I got an email on arrival day, 24th June ,to say the money was being transferred and would arrive in my account by 1st July, but in the end it arrived much sooner than that. Did you receive the email to say the money was being transferred?
This was my first and I didn't get an e-mail
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

cysgod y coed wrote:Air bnb are very good payers from my experience.
Check that your account details with them are accurate as a first step.
I cannot see the full details
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

If you can't see them, there is probably something wrong. If you didn't get an email , this also indicates something is amiss. Why aren't they being helpful?
Email address for the payment was express@airbnb.com. i received it 24 hours after check in.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

HelenB wrote:If you can't see them, there is probably something wrong. If you didn't get an email , this also indicates something is amiss. Why aren't they being helpful?
Email address for the payment was express@airbnb.com. i received it 24 hours after check in.
OK I've just sent a query to that address. See what happens.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Jonathan wrote:
HelenB wrote:If you can't see them, there is probably something wrong. If you didn't get an email , this also indicates something is amiss. Why aren't they being helpful?
OK I've just sent a query to that address. See what happens.

Jonathan
E-mail address bounced!
annedab

Post by annedab »

If you go to the "help" section on your listing, there is an option to contact airbnb. I did this for a problem recently and they got back to me very promptly via email and you have an exchange with an actual human being 8)
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

annedab wrote:If you go to the "help" section on your listing, there is an option to contact airbnb. I did this for a problem recently and they got back to me very promptly via email and you have an exchange with an actual human being 8)
I just did that for a second time. so see what happens.

Jonathan
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The reply will go to your ABB dashboard, not to your email, so make sure you check it .
Robin S

Post by Robin S »

We opt for bank transfer and for previous bookings payment is made the day after guests arrive with a 5 working day expected time to clear. Never had any problems to date our end and we've had 4 completed bookings with them so far.