Guests Deny Responsibility For Their Actions

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Nemo wrote:I buy the really cheap plastic boxes from IKEA. They gradually disappear but really are pence to replace. Only trouble is they come in complete sets with a large variety of sizes. I still have loads left though so no need to replace yet.
Me too. I think guests really appreciate tupperware - I know I would if I were staying somewhere. I use it for leftovers and salads all the time.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I buy the IKEA ones too, but now I have masses of those teeny tiny ones you cannot get three paperclips into! What exactly is the point of those? :?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Casscat wrote:I buy the IKEA ones too, but now I have masses of those teeny tiny ones you cannot get three paperclips into! What exactly is the point of those? :?
You can put egg white or egg yolk in them if you have them over from baking. But I agree, generally not a lot of point in them!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Now you've given me an idea instead of pricey clipseal type things, those plastic boxes you get from many takeaways (maybe they're similar to Ikea? Never been to one :P :P ). You can buy them in quantity at about 10p a go, guests can do what they like with them, no worry if they put something in that leaves them discoloured. Way to go!

Might have to check out the foil+card lid types for the eco conscious, but I see opening those as higher risk of throwing the contents everywhere, plus you can't stick them in a microwave.

ps - the plastic ones are recyclable.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

This is the cheapo IKEA stuff - 17 of the things for £3.50! Sounds like a bargain but around half are so small you will struggle to find a food storage use for them.

Morristhedog

Post by Morristhedog »

There was an offer on Pyrex glass storage units in Super U and I stocked up on those. They have plastic lids. They serve well for cooking too.
A dreamer is one who can only find his way home by moonlight.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

[quote="Casscat"]This is the cheapo IKEA stuff - 17 of the things for £3.50! Sounds like a bargain but around half are so small you will struggle to find a food storage use for them.

Even for just the more useful bigger ones that's very cheap. I must just have to treat my guests! There's a new Ikea being built just 15 minutes from me. Yeah!
Morristhedog

Post by Morristhedog »

Bunny you are so lucky re proximity to IKEA It is a real slog down to Bordeaux from here. actually like littler storage pots for the egg yolk I had to separate etc.
A dreamer is one who can only find his way home by moonlight.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

We have a new IKEA store coming to Norwich as well! Very excited.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Casscat wrote:I buy the IKEA ones too, but now I have masses of those teeny tiny ones you cannot get three paperclips into! What exactly is the point of those? :?
We use small tupperware pots as pill pots. Also good for freezing small quantities of chopped herbs/lemon juice/whatever.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I buy the IKEA ones too, but now I have masses of those teeny tiny ones you cannot get three paperclips into! What exactly is the point of those? Confused
Find a local geocacher who will use them!
(Definition of geocaching -using billion dollar satellites to find tupperwear in the woods) :wink:
Annew

Post by Annew »

sue dyer wrote: Find a local geocacher who will use them!
(Definition of geocaching -using billion dollar satellites to find tupperwear in the woods) :wink:
That'd be me then :oops:
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Greenacre

Post by Greenacre »

Sandy beaches, you have made my day - when is ikea coming to Norwich?? I can't wait having slogged to both Thurrock and Milton Keynes! I used to live in Essex so it was a short trip, but now I'm in Suffolk so it's at least a four hour round trip to either.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Don't get too excited Greenacre - it's not a proper shop - just a collection point for stuff previously ordered!

FC - an ex Norfolk dweller who likes to keep in touch.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Greenacre wrote:Sandy beaches, you have made my day - when is ikea coming to Norwich?? I can't wait having slogged to both Thurrock and Milton Keynes! I used to live in Essex so it was a short trip, but now I'm in Suffolk so it's at least a four hour round trip to either.
As FC says it is indeed a teensy weensy store compared to the others. But it's better than nothing and there will be a 'limited' range of things you can buy to take home. Like you I make the trek over to Milton Keynes.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/ikea_reveal ... _1_4123815