Heating July

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

7.44pm and I'm dripping - my late English teacher would have a fit 'cos she was always droning on about "Horses sweat, gentlemen perspire and ladies glow". Well, my glow is trickling down my back and all I did was water a few pots. :shock: :lol:

Sue Dyer - 14C is a winter temperature here :lol: As Revdev said, it's 32C in the pool :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

Freezing here too. wondering what this is going to do to my electricity bills for Millport... Already had one moaner in one of the flats complaining it felt a bit damp. Probably because everybody's jackets, shoes etc were damp, and all the windows were shut for the entire week, according to my neighbour.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Mouse wrote:We are getting all giddy because there is a small possibility we will have a thunderstorm on Saturday :lol:

Bring it on!

Mousie
x
Yeah, I'm not holding out any hopes for that, Mousie. Rain alarm beeped earlier ( not unusual in itself ) and missus came into the office ordering me to remove the inflatables from the pool and bring in a chair from same area as there was a big "blob" heading our way.

Since then the bloody thing has petered out.

Now, to be fair, I did move here because I was sick of the UK weather but even I can see that the 3(!) days of rain we've had here this year isn't anywhere near enough to moisten the local wildlife's whistle. If we don't get a good drenching soon it'll just get worse :(
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I resisted the urge to put the heating on at the weekend, but I did don a fleece to fight the chill, which I was somewhat resentful of with it being the end of July and all :x However Accuweather says that the temperature in Casarabonela yesterday was 43C with an overnight low of 22C so I guess there is such a beast as too much of a good thing :mrgreen: And to think that the current guests opted for no air con! :shock:
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Casscat wrote:And to think that the current guests opted for no air con! :shock:
So your bedlinen will be well sweat stained at the end of their stay! :lol:
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

PW in Polemi wrote:
Casscat wrote:And to think that the current guests opted for no air con! :shock:
So your bedlinen will be well sweat stained at the end of their stay! :lol:
Er, thanks for that :P
Marks

Post by Marks »

Just had a 5 minute trickle of rain. Still very hot but horribly humid :(
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
brightmike

Post by brightmike »

Pissing down with rain the last few days here in Brighton (can I say pissing?!?). Still warm but may point out the thermostat just in case this Friday.
Our property website can be found by looking at our profile.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

brightmike wrote:Pissing down with rain the last few days here in Brighton (can I say pissing?!?).
You can unless you are Helen Mirren :mrgreen: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebri ... itain.html
pambon

Post by pambon »

Hot and very humid here with night temps around 30-32°C; thank goodness for a/c!!!

No talk of anything wet except sweat :wink:
pambon

Re: Heating July

Post by pambon »

apexblue wrote:Just checked Hive and all rentals have heating on schedule.

Unheard of in July.
Was reading about Hive controlled heating just yesterday as I have finally 'locked' the a/c in the rental so it can't be turned on except by yours truly with the key. (Now I know why guests rarely asked me for it :oops: )

So now I am thinking of remotely controlling the heating in the winter although I don't have many winter requests. Is it a complicated set-up?
bessie

Post by bessie »

Well it been raining here in Yorkshire for days,one good thing I don't have to water the garden at the cottage.OH now getting itchie as corn is ready to harvest.
Last week guests had coal fires but I think it was just because they could.
Sorry southerns don't seem as hardy as us lot up north or are we just so tight been a Yorkshire lass.
Hope summer is my over.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Gorgeous here in East Anglia! Don't know what you're all complaining about. 8)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Was there a storm over the mainland last night (lucky blighters!). We could see the lightening in the distance taunting us!

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

There was a storm over us last night (well, this morning really, 2am ish) with rain so heavy we could hear it over the air con noise! Most unusual to get rain in July but at least it laid the dust :D