The number of photos to get bookings

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Interesting comments by insidestoryphoto but to me it seems obvious the distinction between estate agency photography and holiday let photography.

It is vital to so-called 'dress' your holiday let to capture the essence of what you want to project. And quite understandable that photographs of property for sale should enhance the building with its windows, doors and corners etc rather than the furnishings.

Speaking for myself, I could improve the 'dressing' on a few of the photographs on my site but on the other hand many guests, when entering the apartment on arrival, take one look around and state how much more spacious it is in spite of the spacious impression the pics on the website already project.
pambon

Post by pambon »

French Cricket wrote:Ha - interesting.

Anyone who's ever bought a house in France will know that you're lucky if the estate agent provides any decent photos at all - it's usually a close up of the loo or a pile of ironing :lol: . When we bought this house, though, the agent had so fallen in love with it himself that he had a CD ROM full of photos - 180 of them. We spent a couple of hours in his office looking at them, made an appointment to view, viewed, and made an offer.

Only once we'd exchanged contracts (very fast here - 8 days in our case) did we realise that this house was one that we'd previously rejected on the websites of two other local agents, because it looked awful.

That really opened my eyes to the power of photos. In fact I've just redesigned our website to major in images.
The same here in Italy. Agencies have no idea how sell property through pics or even text which is so mundane. One really has to visit the place and use one's imagination. It's a very different out look on selling property from the Anglo-Saxon way of business.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Jimbo wrote:
French Cricket wrote:That really opened my eyes to the power of photos. In fact I've just redesigned our website to major in images.
The words aren't slouches either ...

A secret place, a grown up retreat, a bucolic space of birdsong, cowbells and silence. Books, birds, art, blue shutters, orchids, butterflies, stunning scenery, lush wooded grounds, masses of room, a cooks' kitchen.
Careful Jimbo, we know FC has a way with words...... :wink: