Google etc

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Foxandsot

Google etc

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello All

I'm a bit confused! I have made changes to my website (still no where near finished though :oops: ) but when I search in Google for my website, the page it brings up doesn't show the changes? I clicked on something called "caches" and it said that google took a photo of my webpage on 31st July 2006, will they update it anytime soon, if ever?

Also, I am on page 17 of google when I search for "luxury villa pervolia", but I would really like to come up under "villa cyprus" & "family friendly villa cyprus", do I just need to put these keys words more often onto my front page?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle
marcus

Post by marcus »

You are in for a bit of a long haul I'm afraid...

Probably Villa Cyprus will be impossible for now, so focus on the phrase "family friendly villa cyprus".

Get it in your Title, Page description, the first header on the page, and at least once or twice in the text itself.

Now comes the tricky bit. You want other people to link to your site, such that the words clicked on to go to your site are "family friendly villa cyprus" (rather than the words villatatiana or the website name). How to do that? Not easy, but it's the best / only way to get up the charts. Don't believe me? Go and search in Google on the words 'Click here' - top will be Adobe, and they don't even have those words on the page, but loads of other people say 'to download...Click here' so that phrase is what google associate with Adobe.

Do a search for travel directories where you can add your site - theres quite a few around - and when it says 'Title' enter 'Family friendly villa cyprus" NOT villa tatiana.

Start with the 'foreign accommodation' section at www.francethisway.com/directory if you want a free practice / link :D

But be aware it is a long process to get to the top of google for a popular phrase, months and years not weeks, especially for a new site. I read that site promotion should usually occupy twice as much of your time as site development...

Good luck
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

getting to the top of google for common keywords is not easy.

I've sent you an article that explains what is needed.

If anyone else wants it - just PM me.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com