Damage to hob

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
pambon

Post by pambon »

OMG Essar, think I would have been hysterical especially had it happened here in August with everything closed. My heart goes out to both you and Rammy.

Hope the headaches aren't too bad in the morning!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

+1
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
bessie

Post by bessie »

Oh Essar ,what a week .I think white kitchen goods have a pack to all break at once.
I'm looking into British gas white goods repair contract as it would make it easier and cheaper .
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Essar. What a dreadful week, think it's called Sod's law. We made a decision not to have integrated appliances as freestanding are so much easier to swop.

Hope the rest of August is easier.
pambon

Post by pambon »

kyreniagirl wrote:Essar. What a dreadful week, think it's called Sod's law. We made a decision not to have integrated appliances as freestanding are so much easier to swop.

Hope the rest of August is easier.
+ 1
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Essar wrote:I've had a right 8a$7ard of a week - integrated slimline dishwasher packed in on Tuesday morning (motor kaput), washer/dryer in the afternoon. Brand new dishwasher installed Thursday; washer/dryer has new fan belt fitted as the old one had disintegrated - all working. Guests were fine and understood that $hi7 happens and were out at all necessary times. Went this morning to see them off and they told me that one of the gas hob igniters had stopped working. Of course spares are not available for a this model hob as it's all sealed - I've provided one of those lighter thingies for the new guests (Germans) who said that's what they use at home. Oh, and the kitchen clock stopped - flat battery, fortunately I carry AAAs. :(

If this post makes no sense it's because I'm on my second bottle of the old red stufff....hic..... and I'm teetotally pi$$ed.
And I thought I was the only one! Here's my list for a villa I manage (onwers only rent in peak weeks, so had only left the day the 1st guests arrived);
Clients check in. Sunday get told a/c doesn't work....phone and get an engineer out monday. Go round monday to meet with engineer get told a shower head doesn't work, another shower the temp guage not working, no hot water in the kitchen and the 'light' has popped out of the swimming pool and is floating around with young kids in and out.
Get everything fixed bar a/c. Needs a part. Guests not happy.
Guests call next morning. ...fridge constantly beeping, can't get it to stop. Go roundand after 2 minutes manage to sort it.
Engineer calls.....can't get part, needs to order. It will be a week minimum :shock:
Call everywhere and can't hire or buy a mobile a/c unit. Have a brainwave and call neighbour who has a holiday complex. Agrees to loan me one of his emergency ones. Take it to guests along with a fan I bought just to help circulate the air.
Following day they ring me.....can't use the mobile a/c as its too noisy. Can I provide more fans. I spend a day.....yes a day visiting ever electric shop and no one has fans. All sold out. I take pictures of empty shelves to show guests.
That evening they call. The gas on the bbq has stopped. Bottle must be empty so go and swap that one with the stove one so they can continue bbq. Replace empty one the following day.
2 days later...phone call, lights have popped out again in pool and bbq has gone up in flames.
Call company out to light, again, and go look at bbq. Seems like the pipe got too close maybe and melted? So cut pipe and make good.
Following day the other gas bottle runs out
:cry:
I will stop now. The saga is too long.
On check out yesterday guest tells me that the dishwasher isn't working proper now (keeps going on to eco cycle) the bbq caught fireeagain thursday night so they didn't use it again and the kettle is kaput!
Arghhhhhhhh!
Now I am desperately trying to get a bbq when all the shops have got winter stuff in. So I am contacting friend begging someone to loan me one

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
pambon

Post by pambon »

Mouse wrote:
Essar wrote:I've had a right 8a$7ard of a week - integrated slimline dishwasher packed in on Tuesday morning (motor kaput), washer/dryer in the afternoon. Brand new dishwasher installed Thursday; washer/dryer has new fan belt fitted as the old one had disintegrated - all working. Guests were fine and understood that $hi7 happens and were out at all necessary times. Went this morning to see them off and they told me that one of the gas hob igniters had stopped working. Of course spares are not available for a this model hob as it's all sealed - I've provided one of those lighter thingies for the new guests (Germans) who said that's what they use at home. Oh, and the kitchen clock stopped - flat battery, fortunately I carry AAAs. :(

If this post makes no sense it's because I'm on my second bottle of the old red stufff....hic..... and I'm teetotally pi$$ed.
And I thought I was the only one! Here's my list for a villa I manage (onwers only rent in peak weeks, so had only left the day the 1st guests arrived);
Clients check in. Sunday get told a/c doesn't work....phone and get an engineer out monday. Go round monday to meet with engineer get told a shower head doesn't work, another shower the temp guage not working, no hot water in the kitchen and the 'light' has popped out of the swimming pool and is floating around with young kids in and out.
Get everything fixed bar a/c. Needs a part. Guests not happy.
Guests call next morning. ...fridge constantly beeping, can't get it to stop. Go roundand after 2 minutes manage to sort it.
Engineer calls.....can't get part, needs to order. It will be a week minimum :shock:
Call everywhere and can't hire or buy a mobile a/c unit. Have a brainwave and call neighbour who has a holiday complex. Agrees to loan me one of his emergency ones. Take it to guests along with a fan I bought just to help circulate the air.
Following day they ring me.....can't use the mobile a/c as its too noisy. Can I provide more fans. I spend a day.....yes a day visiting ever electric shop and no one has fans. All sold out. I take pictures of empty shelves to show guests.
That evening they call. The gas on the bbq has stopped. Bottle must be empty so go and swap that one with the stove one so they can continue bbq. Replace empty one the following day.
2 days later...phone call, lights have popped out again in pool and bbq has gone up in flames.
Call company out to light, again, and go look at bbq. Seems like the pipe got too close maybe and melted? So cut pipe and make good.
Following day the other gas bottle runs out
:cry:
I will stop now. The saga is too long.
On check out yesterday guest tells me that the dishwasher isn't working proper now (keeps going on to eco cycle) the bbq caught fireeagain thursday night so they didn't use it again and the kettle is kaput!
Arghhhhhhhh!
Now I am desperately trying to get a bbq when all the shops have got winter stuff in. So I am contacting friend begging someone to loan me one

Mousie
x
Mousie, the only word that comes to mind is: CONDOLENCES
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

What a palava you are all having , makes my broken shutter and sofa bed pale into significance.

Mousey, my own dishwasher defaults to eco after every cycle, but it is supposed to. If I want to choose another programme I have to do it every time.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

So not a great day at the office really......... :roll:

I just hope this isn't catching!
(Spare dishwasher - check. Spare washing machine - check. Spare hob - er.......... No a/c to worry about. Ground source heat pumps supply hot water, are made by Dimplex and therefore horribly unreliable with no support..... :evil: praying )
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Mousie, the only word that comes to mind is: CONDOLENCES
Pambon that made me laugh! Thanks.

Helen....that is useful. Thanks.
The guest said she had the same make, not sure if same model, and said she'd never experienced that. I am trying to speak to the off site owner about it....but the cleaner and I seemed to get it to work ok yesterday, so fingers crossed. If not it's another technico called out.

Just delivered a charcoal BBQ loaned by a friend....woo-hoo! That buys us time. I am not impressed by these gas bbqs. Seems too much can go wrong. Never had a problem with our standard charcoal bbq in 11 years. No gas to run out, no jets to get blocked and cleaning is easy.

One more thing to do and I might just get the late afternoon off....unless I get another phone call :cry: At least all guests in all villas are new.

Mouse
X
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mine at home is a Siemens, but my Bosch one at the apartment does the same. My old Bosch one didn't do it.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Mousie - have you actually got either hair or finger nails left after all that? You have every sympathy - remember the other thread about upset guests and basically several of us decided that what can go wrong, will go wrong and once it's started going wrong for one guest, it continues for that guest.
Sod's law is too weak - this is holiday accommodation law, a much more virulent beastie altogether.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
pambon

Post by pambon »

HelenB wrote:Mine at home is a Siemens, but my Bosch one at the apartment does the same. My old Bosch one didn't do it.
I think it's called 'progress' :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Yep, I only ever use the eco programme if it is running overnight, takes far too long otherwise. MY darling hubby switched it on just before 9am this morning, on eco, and left the house, I am still waiting for it to finish so I can tidy the kitchen. I would wash up by hand, but I've got a cut on one finger, and eczema broken out on the other hand, so even with gloves on it isn't a nice job.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Yep, I only ever use the eco programme if it is running overnight, takes far too long otherwise. MY darling hubby switched it on just before 9am this morning, on eco, and left the house, I am still waiting for it to finish so I can tidy the kitchen. I would wash up by hand, but I've got a cut on one finger, and eczema broken out on the other hand, so even with gloves on it isn't a nice job.