"What a disappointing cancellation policy"

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We had guests cancel just days before arrival due to a bereavement. I offered them assistance with travel insurance claim and a discount off a future stay, but never heard anything from them again.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Guess what? They left it a s/// heap with kisses in lipstick on the mirror. We have a very unhappy cleaner today.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
louiseddie

Post by louiseddie »

What awful people! Did you have a security deposit? I would definitely take extra cleaning out of that if so. Well, they certainly don't sound like bereaved people.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

How awful for you apexblue, but somehow not unexpected.

Such petty and unnecessary behaviour from the guests. What type of person does that sort of thing?

I bet you're glad they've gone, even though you're having to deal with the aftermath.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:roll: Looks like your 'gut' was right.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Wilful damage, take them to the SCC for compensation, make them sweat.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

It's one thing when some guests leave our properties in a poor state of cleanliness when they have different standards, but this is clearly quite deliberate. I would have absolutely no hesitation in charging for the extra work involved in this case. What spiteful, childish, small minded, pettiness. I sincerely hope you have a damage deposit, so they don't get away with it. :evil:
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

Bunny wrote:It's one thing when some guests leave our properties in a poor state of cleanliness when they have different standards, but this is clearly quite deliberate. I would have absolutely no hesitation in charging for the extra work involved in this case. What spiteful, childish, small minded, pettiness. I sincerely hope you have a damage deposit, so they don't get away with it. :evil:
Agree whole heartedly. ~What a bunch of tossers.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Dear guest,

What a disappointing display of bad manners.

Yours sincerely

Apexblue

And then just forget about them - if you can :cry:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
aasta

Post by aasta »

:roll:
aasta
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

e-richard wrote:Dear guest,

What a disappointing display of bad manners.

Yours sincerely

Apexblue

And then just forget about them - if you can
+1 (especially forget about them if you can)
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

+1 here too, in principle.

In practice I wouldn't bother with words and would hit them where it hurts - the pocket. I'd deduct every last euro of the extra cleaning from the damages deposit and say why - all very professionally and neutral, of course!
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

My initial reaction was to withhold deposit but so far no damage reported and just pleased for them to disappear into the ethernet.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Whilst I completely understand the desire to have them disappear, if they spent longer cleaning then even a notional £10 or £20 might just make them think that it's inappropriate to treat someone's home like that? Tough though. Horrible people.
gh

Post by gh »

apexblue wrote:Guess what? They left it a s/// heap with kisses in lipstick on the mirror. We have a very unhappy cleaner today.
If it was me I would deduct a couple of hrs extra cleaning from their deposit and give my cleaner a little bonus as she was unhappy about the s///heap she had to clean.
May or may not hit home to your guests but your cleaner would be happy at your thoughtfulness towards her.