A tale of two changeovers

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
gh

Post by gh »

la vache! wrote:so you can't stereotype professions or nationalities.
You say I am stereotyping! Where? I quoted many nationalities and professions we have had good and bad relationships with. Others have had different experiences with said professions/nationalities which is good. I said I have had good and bad from those that I quoted and did not stereotype. Been in holiday rentals way to long to stereotype so many variables.

Our doctors were obviously used to help in the home, when at our rental in France they had no help; subsequently our rental was in a terrible state throughout.

Edit: French guests anyday of the week like you.
Last edited by gh on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Essar

Post by Essar »

gh wrote:
la vache! wrote:so you can't stereotype professions or nationalities.
You say I am stereotyping! Where is my stereotyping? I haven't stereotyped professions or nationalities at all. I quoted many nationalities and professions we have had good and bad relationships with. Others have had different experiences with said professions/nationalities which is good. I said I have had good and bad from those that I quoted and did not stereotype. Been in holiday rentals way to long to stereotype so many variables.

Our doctors were obviously used to help in the home, when at our rental in France they had no help; subsequently our rental was in a terrible state throughout.
8l00d7 ell people - this is how wars start!

Looking at all the posts - interpretation of the use of a word has been taken in a different context by people with different natural languages - get a grip.

We don't want any more leavers; deleting posts and changing their names to "/" (slash).
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
gh

Post by gh »

Essar we both speak English to a good standard so no interpretation of language differences.
I do not stereotype and would never stereotype fools do that!

I do not need to get a grip but thanks for the offer!
Essar

Post by Essar »

Essar is about delete all posts, change his name to "%" (commission) and leave the building and head for the nearest pub where no doubt their will be usual stereo type music being played. 8) kinell
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

:shock: (minimising my posts so less to delete)
gh

Post by gh »

Essar wrote:Essar is about delete all posts, change his name to "%" (commission) and leave the building and head for the nearest pub where no doubt their will be usual stereo type music being played. 8) kinell
I would join you, have our little grand daughter over night. Rain check?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Essar wrote:Essar is about delete all posts, change his name to "%" (commission) and leave the building and head for the nearest pub where no doubt their will be usual stereo type music being played. 8) kinell
Please don't go %. You are the voice of reason.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Dear God - what is going on? Is it the weather? Can we just all calm down please.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I am genuinely purple-exed :? Can I join you in the pub Essar? If there's a quiz on I'm quite good at 80s music but I'm crap at sport :)
Marks

Post by Marks »

la vache! wrote:I've had dirty doctors....
Friend of mine used to manage accommodation for doctors at a large teaching hospital. Without exception, I am told, they were generally slovenly and would leave rooms a tip.

Hope that helps stereotyping a profession :wink:

Back on thread all the stains in the bedding have come out thanks to a mixture of Lidl's own brand W5 spray on stain remover, Dr Beckmann's in wash stain remover and a bit of bleach on one stubborn stain :)

I am not keen on them coming back.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

People in the medical profession know a lot about germs, dirt and nasty things - it's their job, really. So I reckon they must have a scientific approach to their domestic surroundings along the lines of "if you don't disturb the germs, they'll stay where they are and leave you alone. If you attack them, they fight back." Makes sense to me.....
Afrique

Post by Afrique »

I like to have French guests stay in my apartment, they always bring me biscuits and they spring clean for me. I am tempted to ask them to stay for free every change over day, save me cleaning and with that saved time I can be dunking good biscuits in my coffee with my feet up. My worst guest is the guest who proudly says' I will treat it like my own home'.............I know I am then doomed to hours of cleaning!! Funny how that works.
gh

Post by gh »

100% agree with you Afrique :)
booboo

Post by booboo »

We have never yet had French guests stay yet.
I do love our Germans Guests.
annedab

Post by annedab »

Let's get this train back on the track..........2 changeovers today - both sets of guests held out until 11 am on the dot.

House 1, French family with two very small children and a dog. Immaculate. Struggled to find anything that needed doing.

House 2, Irish family. The kitchen almost made me cry. Fridge absolutely full of food. Bin full. All bottles left. All recycling left - not bagged, just piled on the floor. Dishwasher full, dirty, not even switched on. Two sinks full of washing up. Floor and all surfaces filthy. The kitchen alone took me 2 hours. Curiously, the rest of the house was very clean and tidy.

More French arrived this afternoon - yippee!
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?