Renewed OD subscription in March.

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
pujols

Renewed OD subscription in March.

Post by pujols »

Since March one or 2 phoney enquiries and for the last few months not one enquiry.
This tells me that OD is not reaching my target market.
Not surprised.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Hi pujols,

Sorry to hear that.

OD's still doing alright for me ..enquiries and bookings-wise. But I detest the new site; the extra work it's created for me, the control they want over my business, etc. Not to mention their plans to up the prices at next renewal.

Your place is so special I suppose it gets lost in the dross of OD. Are you on any Niche sites?
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

I havent renewed though i am struggling to find alternatives.
Its over £700 for me to renew a basic listing around £200 more than last year an other £300+ for gold upgrade & my soul for the platinum upgrade.
Ive been with them for over 10 years, this year inquiries were down on the year before and the b*****ds want me to pay 30-40% more!!
But they are very much my target market and when ive calmed down i may advertise 1 property just to keep a presence.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I renewed with OD - basic subscription listing only - when Nemo posted a code for a 40% discount. I wouldn't upgrade unless I was jostling for position in a very crowded field and my property doesn't have a lot of competition in the immediate vicinity. My views and enquiries are down, but I cannot really compare last year with this as I only launched last June and at that point my diary was completely empty so it's no surprise I had a lot of interest. I have had no availability for this summer for quite some time so I will not show up in search results plus I have several weeks already booked for next summer thus again I will be flying under many people's radars. OD remains the only site that really delivers for me, albeit I would like heavier traffic from them truth be told.