Pour Les Vacances

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Le Parede

Pour Les Vacances

Post by Le Parede »

Does anyone advertise on the site: Pour Les Vacances? - and if so does the site produce enquiries/bookings? - we have 2 apartments in the Pyrenees and are looking to advertise somewhere new.
many thanks
www.leparede.com
A couple of adventurers - living in the middle of the countryside - away from the madding crowd!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Yes and yes.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Yes and yes. The number of bookings I can accredit to them is not massive, but they are often out of season so bring in welcome cash flow. As anyone enquiring goes direct via website it may be a lot more. France Voyages is also quite successful for a small cost.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Yes and no. No bookings as yet but for the cost I figured it was worth a try.
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Yes and yes. Not a huge amount of bookings but steady and, as HelenB says, often out of season so they more than cover the low cost of the advert.
Le Parede

Pour Les Vacances

Post by Le Parede »

Thank you for your replies I have placed an advert and will give it a go.
I have been with TopRural for several years but this year the bookings have been poor from them.
A couple of adventurers - living in the middle of the countryside - away from the madding crowd!
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

oui et oui
For 2 properties we manage
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Top Rural never worked for me, APLV has always worked. The site itself is horrible, but it has always been very high in the SEO. That and Leboncoin bring me nearly all my French bookings.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

la vache! wrote:Top Rural never worked for me, APLV has always worked. The site itself is horrible, but it has always been very high in the SEO. That and Leboncoin bring me nearly all my French bookings.
I have never heard of APLV so i googled it "Allergie aux protéines du lait de vache (APLV) "
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Whoops, I missed out the 'i', AIPLV :oops:
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

We have a B&B and have used PLV now for several years. Get plenty of enquiries. Not always good enquiries as they do not read we do not take children or 1 nighters, but we do manage to convert quite a few into bookings. We joined France Voyage this year which has given good results mainly because this translates into many languages. Both sites are a lot cheaper than the 4 Big Boys who seem to think they can rip us all off.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Frenchlady wrote:We have a B&B and have used PLV now for several years. Get plenty of enquiries. Not always good enquiries as they do not read we do not take children or 1 nighters, but we do manage to convert quite a few into bookings. We joined France Voyage this year which has given good results mainly because this translates into many languages. Both sites are a lot cheaper than the 4 Big Boys who seem to think they can rip us all off.
We havent had any enquiries from FV though we have been with them for 6 months maybe because we advertising all our properties on one ad and it is just directed for groups, i might change that.
If anyone else rents to large groups we have had good number of bookings from gitedegroupe.fr
baringa

Post by baringa »

Bassman wrote: If anyone else rents to large groups we have had good number of bookings from gitedegroupe.fr
Thanks for that last. Will check it out.

I love PLV because it is personally run, it may be simple but it is independant, and as most of such small French sites, reasonably priced and with the possibility to add last minute promos. Unfortunately many French sites have been gobbled up by the HA empire (Abritel, Toprural, Homelidays).

If you join PLV, ask someone here to refer you so that you and they get an extra month of advertising.
suse

Post by suse »

we are just about to list with PLV as seems to have good reviews for medium/out of season bookings. does anyone have a referral code please - I believe they get a free months listing?
thank you
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'll sand a PM