Our first 'public' review!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
pachypach

Our first 'public' review!

Post by pachypach »

We advertise with holiday france direct & chez nous, and have rented our house since 2014. Today we received our first 'public' review (we've got loads of lovely comments in our guest book, but nothing 'online' yet (apart from on our own website).
Really pleased with this first review 9.7/10!
Nothing about the house or grounds let us down, we were just marked down slightly on local amenities :-

http://www.holidayfrancedirect.co.uk/ho ... iewID=3038

http://www.lederan.com/
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Brilliant. That is a lovely first review and there did seem to be quite a few local amenities from their description, pony rides and all so that minus 0.3 from 10 is not going to take away anything! Congratulations!

Although I kicked against the traces when we were catapulted into having Trip Advisor reviews by the listing site we were on then and was very averse to going down the review route, I have to say that it is the reviews that draw people in now. Most people mention them when booking. When I first started being open to having TA reviews, and had none, I wrote to some of the people who had stayed asking (very nicely!) if they would mind putting their visitor's book words down again in public and out of the 22 I asked in those initial months, 20 did! That got me off to a good start and I hardly ever ask now. Not many people (in my experience) do it off their own bat so I would recommend that you make gentle requests to the people you think would be amenable to doing this. It really pays off! Some people tell me that they just don't book places without reviews.
Last edited by FelicityA on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Congratulations, it is a good one. I looked at your place and it deserves a good review.

We don't live too far from there, a beautiful part of the country.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

What a very good start, and your only minor marking down was nothing to do with you :roll: . It gives potential guests a good idea of what to expect, with the property, the area and with your helpful attitude.
Well done!
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Essar

Post by Essar »

Brilliant - well done.

No doubt the first of many. :)
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

Well Done! It feels good doesn't it. :D

We are like you in that we get 5 stars for everything but the area facilities. We know this and can;t do anything about it. On the other hand there are lots of people who have to come to this part of the world for business, family, events etc that means we don't need to concern ourselves with that aspect as we are not in a holiday area. We are just about fully booked throughout the year so it has had no impact on business.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Very nice review - I only have the one public review too on Sykes ( a couple on my own site from non Sykes rentals). I guess I need to start asking for them.
aasta

Post by aasta »

:D
aasta
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Great review - well done - no doubt the first of many! :lol:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com