stained bedding

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
aasta

stained bedding

Post by aasta »

Before we lost English TV, we occasionally viewed 4 in a Bed.....perhaps the participants comments are scripted, but we laughed and remembered a B&B owner´s comment "I wish I could tell guests not to have sex in my beds" or something along those lines.....

We change sheets for longer staying guests once a week or as necessary. During daily room cleaning, beds are made by our assistent and she notices if a sheet needs replacing.

So we currently have a very nice couple in their early 40´s who are very much enthralled with each other! They are here for a week and now on their 4th day, I am becoming annoyed, since all the bedding, including mattress protector and all 4 pillow cases, have to be changed every morning and treated for blood stains plus headboard washed down... She apoloziged on the first morning and had even stripped the bed and rinsed out everything making a big mess in the bathroom....

OH thinks that I should speak with her....but I hestitate and am not sure how to handle this... or do I just keep mum and long for their departure....
aasta
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I'd keep schtum. They've obviously been reading too much Fifty Shades :mrgreen: Three more days and Christian & Anna will be gone.
revdev

Post by revdev »

"Headboard washed down"...????

:shock: :lol:
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Casscat wrote:I'd keep schtum. They've obviously been reading too much Fifty Shades :mrgreen: Three more days and Christian & Anna will be gone.
We would suggest that you "go with the flow". They are clearly not malicious and are just enjoying themselves.

Go on! "Bite our tongues" and wait the 3 days until they are gone. You can then regal guests for the next few years with stories.

We can all just about remember the days.....

Again interested with the idea that you have to wash down the headboard? Please enlighten us all!!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I probably wouldn't say anything either. However, they know they have made a mess yet are clearly not taking enough precautions to prevent it and are continuing to do so, knowing that you will just whip off all the bedding. I'd leave them to wallow in it for the last few days. They've made their bed, so to speak..... In the interests of the environment, of course! :wink:
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I'm in the not-say-anything camp - have had similar situations more than once over the years and see it as a normal part of the job.

But I would change the bedding every day as otherwise it's going to be far more difficult to clean than it need be.
Essar

Post by Essar »

The dirty little beggars.

Throw 'em out and charge 'em for the extra cleaning and bedding.

What's the world coming too; sex on yer 'olidays, what next?

:lol:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Oh, and aasta - get back here and tell us about this headboard - we're all waiting to know :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Why change the bedding every day if it is such a mess? I would leave it. I have never had bedding changed every day in a hotel ....so wouldn't expect it in a bnb.
They might even be more relaxed knowing that it's only one set of bedding they've ruined.. ..I think I would be mortified about the sheets being inspected every day!

Save yourself some time, water and expense aasta.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

French Cricket wrote:Oh, and aasta - get back here and tell us about this headboard - we're all waiting to know :lol:
Had to wash one of the headboards for our very first set of guests. This was after we had to knock on the door as it was way past check out time, and Mr Guest appeared at the door in a very small towel.
:shock:
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

SandyBeaches wrote:
French Cricket wrote:Oh, and aasta - get back here and tell us about this headboard - we're all waiting to know :lol:
Had to wash one of the headboards for our very first set of guests. This was after we had to knock on the door as it was way past check out time, and Mr Guest appeared at the door in a very small towel.
:shock:
I still just can't imagine. The mind boggles. Was it sticky?? :shock: :?

Was that too blunt and basic a question? :oops:
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Bunny - I didn't bother with the 'sticky' test, and moved to stage two: remove and cleanse.
aasta

Post by aasta »

Thanks for responses....OK..will keep mum!! But feel that we need to change sheets because concerned that if stains left too long they will be more difficult to remove...so cannot let them wallow....besides it would not be very appealing to JUMP into such a bed....

Anyways assistant comes to fetch me on day one and we find silk bands tied to antique headboard which is very sturdy solid wood...the headboard is painted french white and mess that was on sheets was also on headboard and very noticeable.... and there were also dark brown streaks which we were relieved to decide was from the tube of intimate chocolate paste on the bed-side table.....very educational....not usual sort of paraphernalia "our type of guests" tend to have on bed-side table!!!....!!!!!assistant, young 26 year old, broke out in giggles wondering wether or not to remove silk scarves....which she did so as not to stain them with cleaner and folded neatly!!! I´ve taken pity on her and am the one treating/washing sheets!! a :roll:
aasta
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

Hahahaha this has cheered me up no end!!! I can just imagine your face when you saw the chocolate stains!!
:) :) :oops:
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Oh my lord!! :shock: Makes me very glad indeed that I don't do my own changeovers and guest laundry! :oops: