Any better?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
garlic

Any better?

Post by garlic »

I asked you kind folk to review my website a wee while ago. I took on board the comments I received and have had a go at improving it..........I'd like your opinions...
gh

Post by gh »

Wow Garlic, what a difference, love the new pictures and the friendly text. The gite looks charming, cosy and very comfortable with lots of character.:lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi Garlic! I didn't see your website before, but it looks very appealing now - good luck! There are just one or two adjustments to the text I'll email you about.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Ju

Post by Ju »

Garlic, I think you have done a super job. The website is very friendly and inviting, and you have done a great job on the gite.

Well done.
enid

Post by enid »

Bravo - I am delighted with the changes - all looks very inviting. What a job you have done with the gite. Could I just suggest a picture above the beds? - would add a bit of colour to the photos. That said I love it and you should be very proud of your efforts. Have your first guests left yet? What was their feedback?
garlic

Post by garlic »

Thanks all.........I had noticed it looks a bit bare without pictures...I reckon that's a very-soon-to-do job I might try and use some local photos don't want anything 'naf' if you see what I mean and I really don't want to inflict my paintings on my guests!

First guests left last Saturday and having said they go somewhere new each year have told me and the neighbours they will almost certainly come back here (left lovely comments in the guest book to and invited us round for drinks on their last evening). Second lot arrived hot on their heels.....note to self need more bedding to avoid massive washing incident...Another very nice family who said it's much better in reality than on the website (they'd booked before I put the new photos on). As a bonus they have also booked a llama trek with us on Thursday afternoon...So tomorrow I'll be pulling my cooking head out of the bag and preparing some delights for the picnic when I'll take them up into the mountains...that's after I've finished preparing the fibre that I'm selling at the wool fete this afternoon and to which I'm taking along my boy llamas for a meet and greet and general petting session...that's after I've groomed them......phew can I sit down now :)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

garlic wrote:Thanks all.........I had noticed it looks a bit bare without pictures...I reckon that's a very-soon-to-do job I might try and use some local photos don't want anything 'naf' if you see what I mean and I really don't want to inflict my paintings on my guests!
Some of your own photos of the area would be good - but think big, or frame several in one clip frame, I suggest. One large picture looks better on an otherwise bare wall than a row of little ones, unless you can group them together cleverly and that's not as easy as it seems. I wonder if you could pick up some local posters featuring a nearby attraction or advertising an event in the area, from the tourist office? Even out of date posters still capture the flavour of the area. Also repro prints of old French posters advertising eg soap for your loo, wine, etc for the kitchen or dining area might be another thought, or a travel poster from any region, doesn't really matter if it's not of the Tarn. Not all posters will be to your taste, but it's fun scouring. Again, a clip frame costs next to nothing, and you can ring the changes when you want to at a later date.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be