Anal Complaints 2015

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Same couple: "Can you recommend a good local restaurant?"

"Yes, Chez Julie - turn left at the bottom of the drive."

We watch them go down the drive - and turn right.

Not an anal complaint, more a case of not being able to find your own arse with two hands and a mirror. :roll:[/quote]

Must be something to do with bikers only ever travelling with GPS. Last night we had a biker who we booked a table for at one of our local restaurants. We explained turn right at school and straight to end of village and Hotel is beside the bridge (15 min walk). An hour later he phones and is in another restaurant (no bridge in sight) saying he could not find the one we booked and could we phone them to apologise. Have not worked out if he was just stupid or a bright spark, it was raining and nearest restaurant meant he did not get too wet!!!!
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

I had a lady ask (like most of them do on arrival) .. "do you get mosquitoes" Yes, I replied .... "but what do I do if I see one". Before I could reply I suddenly had a vision of myself tuning into Mrs Brown's Boys, complete with tea towel and was hitting her around the head. That's nice ...........
Essar

Post by Essar »

Frenchlady wrote:I had a lady ask (like most of them do on arrival) .. "do you get mosquitoes" Yes, I replied .... "but what do I do if I see one".
Dial 999 and ask for the Flying Squad.. :lol:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Morristhedog

Post by Morristhedog »

"This is such a dusty house, don't you find?"

It wasn't dusty when you came a week ago, perhaps you need to use the vacuum, after all there are six of you.
A dreamer is one who can only find his way home by moonlight.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

The mosquito story reminded me of my niece. She was answering phone calls for tickets for a music festival. One woman asked "will there be mosquitos there this year", my niece replied quick as a flash: "well none of them have bought tickets yet"!
Fifi

Post by Fifi »

My child has grass stains on his knees after playing on your lawn

The crickets (or whatever they are) are too noisy and interrupted my siesta

Smile and wave boys and girls ....!
People who arrive after 10pm, shouldn't expect a hug.....
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Sometimes as you wave them goodbye and heading back into your home you can be seen doing a little "Morcombe and Wise" dance ........ but sometimes you really are sad to see them go!
mi casa

Post by mi casa »

Too many light switches, we got confused.
Would love to retire but can't so will have to keep doing the lottery!
COYS

Post by COYS »

Nobody came to make the beds (we have a self catering villa)
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
joddle

Post by joddle »

My daughters t-shirt shrunk after she went swimming in the pool.

A light-bulb failed (there were plenty of spares in the drawer)

If we stay another day will there be an additional charge? (It's not available for another day and anyway we don't like to give free days holiday because its not fair on those that pay for all the days that they stay!)
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
teapot

Post by teapot »

mi casa wrote:Too many light switches, we got confused.
Oh yes, this year, bedside lamps don't work. It's an old french house where the wall switch operates the sockets (yes silly idea)

Now I am putting in PIR sensors in the hallways and staircase.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

Frame (cluster) fly season is about to hit us again.

They are not the disease carriers of the usual fly encountered by city dwellers but, each year, they cause endless upset as they return, mob handed, attracted by pheromones seeking places to hibernate.

However much you explain, supply web links explaining their life cycle provide other information the natural reaction of guests is to suspect a rotting animal crawling with maggots is close by.

We, normally, get about 3-4 incidents each year. The problem is that many people do not know much about things beyond built up areas. I fully understand their concerns about this but it is, still, a source of endless frustration.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

"We're just letting you know that we will be away tonight and not back until tomorrow evening. It's a shame because we had not planned to be away for one night and we have already paid for it, so we'll leave all our belongings in the cottage!"
:shock:

Subtle hint or what? I just smiled sweetly, thanked them for letting me know and wished them an enjoyable night away!
lester1meg

Post by lester1meg »

'The bathmat was left hanging over the edge of the bath.'

Where else do you put the bathmat?
pambon

Post by pambon »

Bunny wrote:"We're just letting you know that we will be away tonight and not back until tomorrow evening. It's a shame because we had not planned to be away for one night and we have already paid for it, so we'll leave all our belongings in the cottage!"
:shock:

Subtle hint or what? I just smiled sweetly, thanked them for letting me know and wished them an enjoyable night away!
Couldn't help thinking of your comment this morning when current guests informed me that they would be away tonight visiting relatives..... and they also asked if they could prolong their stay for one night which is fine, so no 'anal complaint' there.

I also asked them permission to go down to water the garden (with the newly pink hibiscus!) which they kindly consented to.

Excuse TC ......