Ten Months On

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Giddy Goat

Ten Months On

Post by Giddy Goat »

I have just fallen into the trap (again :oops:) of spending half a day glued to LMH, this time reading the topic on FrenchHolidayHomes.com, which I fell upon by chance and which ran for 14 pages, finally grinding to a halt on October 5th. I should be doing much more pressing things - like the ironing!! The debate was fascinating - I missed it somehow, first time round - we have some really articulate posters here, so my sympathies were veering all over the place!

Here it is again, for all you others who missed it last year, and who are seeking to postpone less enjoyable activities.

viewtopic.php?t=977&highlight=frenchhol ... s+com+spam

I am now wondering if there is a sequel to the discussions? I don't mean to revive the debates which raged, as the subject has been well and truly dissected already, but has anyone other than Susan now signed up with Lisa/Natasha 'and family' to advertise here, and what have booking inquiries been like?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Oh happy days, what a debate that was! Nothing has really come close since. I miss Alexia.
Jane, I'm pretty sure Tansy signed up with them, but she doesn't seem to have been around here much of late to give a progress report!
For info, I'm still getting lots of enquiries from them (on a par with OD), but interestingly no bookings this year. The enquiries all seemed to be from January and I was pretty much fully booked by then for July and August. I think their rates are quite reasonable for one property, but expensive for additional units.