Hot tubs - added attraction or added hazard

For anything to do with the garden and pool
rytongrange

do hot tubs really give you more bookings?

Post by rytongrange »

do you think that having a hot tub has increased your bookings? does anyone think it does not make a difference?
we have a 12 person holiday let which is no where near the sea..it is quite newly advertised and have been toying with the idea..?
what do people think?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Hello rytongrange and welcome to LMH :D

I don't have a hot tub so I'm not really in a position to proffer a view, but to me they seem inexplicably popular. I wouldn't mind a hot tub of my own, but using one on holiday is for me a bit 'bleugh' because you don't know how well it's been maintained. Doesn't seem to bother most people though, and I'm sure that yours would be immaculate. Quite a big investment for a 12 person tub though, and it might appeal to rather 'niche' house parties :wink:
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

I am thinking of installing one and have researched it pretty fully. My thinking is it will increase business in the shoulder months - summer's no problem. A 6 person one is c 6k gbp & holds 1000 litres - so its a drain down every change of guest - I'll recharge the utilities & factor in a new filter every 6 months.

Most of my guests have them at home so I am hoping they will respect it - thinking of charge 150 gbp pw extra for it.

Look away if squeamish....most villa owners with them have warned me what they find in the filter....its not nice.
rytongrange

hot tub increasing number of bookings

Post by rytongrange »

thankyou
has anyone who has actually got a hot tub any idea as to whether it has increased bookings for them? does anyone regret having one?!! thanks
teapot

Post by teapot »

gardenboy wrote:I am thinking of installing one and have researched it pretty fully. My thinking is it will increase business in the shoulder months - summer's no problem. A 6 person one is c 6k gbp & holds 1000 litres - so its a drain down every change of guest - I'll recharge the utilities & factor in a new filter every 6 months.

Most of my guests have them at home so I am hoping they will respect it - thinking of charge 150 gbp pw extra for it.

Look away if squeamish....most villa owners with them have warned me what they find in the filter....its not nice.
Gardenboy, have you looked at the Villeroy Boch? They make the best on the market. Rather than loads of small pipes which are difficult to drain/clean and therefore a major source of infectious bacteria and pathogens they use a far more Eco and clever design with a manifold being built into the seat which is removable for easy cleaning and means you can move from a massage to a relaxation seat by moving the seat and therefore sit in the same position. They use a fair bit less power too by being clever with the design, a bit like me with pools.

http://www.villeroy-boch.co.uk/products ... t-tub.html
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
Greenacre

Post by Greenacre »

We decided against getting one - we thought we would wait and see what our guests said and whether we thought we were losing bookings without one. Can't tell you that just yet as we have only just started getting ready to take bookings!!
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

thanks - I am still undecided. They are a bit fragile apparently & I've seen how clients treat the pool & loungers. They do bring in more shoulder period lets but also create more work.
enid

Post by enid »

We had one but I wouldn't do it again - can't trust guests do treat it properly
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

I avoid them like the plague. Yeuch. But each to their own. :)
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Cassis wrote:I avoid them like the plague. Yeuch.
Ich auch.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I would never go in one either. And I would avoid booking at somewhere which had one as I would assume its running costs had been factored into the price so I would be paying for something I definitely definitely don't want. But I do understand that they are immensely popular with some people who probably won't book UNLESS you have one!
gh

Post by gh »

enid wrote:We had one but I wouldn't do it again - can't trust guests do treat it properly
+1

We have one in a summer house in our Spanish property, close the blinds on the windows when we are not there. The guests can't see in think perhaps its used for storage as not advertised. Our use or our friends and family only.