Booking Forms

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.

Insist on booking form

YES
74%
NO
26%

Total votes: 66

apexblue

Booking Forms

Post by apexblue »

This seems to be taking so much extra time due to devices guests are using and having trouble filling in the form.

We have always asked for one, especially after a LMH member took a guest to court and the first thing the judge asked for was sight of the booking form. We manage for others so am even more observant of this.

Do you?
Last edited by apexblue on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Yes I have a booking and t/c attached to it.sometimes guest will say they can't print it off etc,so I always have a copy with me on meet and greet ,and firmly hold the keys until they sign ,but I always ask for name and address by email and that they have read and understood my t&c if they don't return booking form.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

As part of my big efficiency drive, I finally got my head into using PIMS. I now send the booking form and T&C's via the system. Everyone gets one irrespective of how they have booked and they send it back via the click to agree. It so easy ... I don't know how I managed with the sign, scan and return process that I used for years.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Yes, booking form on website (responsive form on responsive site so should be non-problematic). T&C also on website; sending form signifies reading and acceptance of them. I don't send bank details until I have a booking form.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

French Cricket wrote:Yes, booking form on website (responsive form on responsive site so should be non-problematic). T&C also on website; sending form signifies reading and acceptance of them. I don't send bank details until I have a booking form.
+1
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Likewise. PIMS booking form embedded in my website, the form links to the payment options.
No completed form = no deposit payment = no booking.

There's no way I could operate without a system that is filled automatically with the information on a booking form, and that's with just 3 units to contend with.

Occasionally guests say they're having trouble accessing the form. I tell them to email me all the details, whereupon I'll manually enter them on the form, send that back to them and ask them to confirm that all details are correct, while pointing out that completion of the booking form is required to block the dates off from my on-line reservation system (over which I have total control, but they don't know that) and other guests will be able to book those dates until the detail on the form is confirmed. I've never yet had a guest who didn't suddenly find that they could access the form after all.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Yes, started off with a word document that I emailed out, some guests struggled with this, so last year we changed to an online form that has worked really well.

You need to tick a box confirming you agree to the T&C before the form will send.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ditto GB - no form, no booking.
greenbarn wrote: Occasionally guests say they're having trouble accessing the form. I tell them to email me all the details, whereupon I'll manually enter them on the form, send that back to them and ask them to confirm that all details are correct, while pointing out that completion of the booking form is required to block the dates off from my on-line reservation system (over which I have total control, but they don't know that) and other guests will be able to book those dates until the detail on the form is confirmed. I've never yet had a guest who didn't suddenly find that they could access the form after all.
:lol: I hadn't thought of taking the details and emailing the form back to them. If it arises I ask them to email me the details with a sentence saying they've agreed to the terms and conditions. I need to try your way, as I don't think I can persuade all mine to fill it in. :wink: I had a set this week that had problems, with hotmail and OD finally finishing them off :wink: Today I got a cheque in the post but no details apart from an sae!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I never bothered with one for the first 9 years I operated. No one ever asked for one....and personally I didn't see what one was achieving apart from names and an address (which I'm not really interested in)
But....everyone in LMH seemed to use one and almost suggest that if one wasn't used then it was unprofessional :shock: so I started using one.

To be honest...I'm not religious about it, and still don't see the point of it. Every client gets a payment schedule issued showing payments made and due. The first copy of that has the t&cs on it. So I feel everything is covered.
I never get a signature, or have anything signed and posted or scanned signed and emailed back....life is too short.

But then I've always been a bit of a rebel :lol:

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Robin S

Post by Robin S »

i've yes'd in acknowledgement of that fact i should rather than do. It's priority 1 on the AAPSAtdL (tm) (autumn after peak season admin to do list)
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Even setting aside any legal requirements for having the information, I can't get my head around the idea of letting to someone without having their full contact/address details.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Apart from contact details my form means that I find out the ages of any children (I leave an age appropriate gift) and in what configuration the guests want the beds.

I print out a copy that I then can refer to when getting bedding/welcome pack ready.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

In Spain the name, address and passport number of the person you rent to is required on the tax declaration for the quarter.

In France I need to know the ages for tourist tax.

Therefore in both these cases a booking form is required to meet legal obligations.
pambon

Post by pambon »

When an enquirer confirms then I send booking form and t&c's for filling in and signing. They either scan it back or sometimes send it snail mail.

Was wondering about electronic signatures to ease the returning of forms; does anyone use this method and is it complicated to set up?
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

pambon wrote:When an enquirer confirms then I send booking form and t&c's for filling in and signing. They either scan it back or sometimes send it snail mail.

Was wondering about electronic signatures to ease the returning of forms; does anyone use this method and is it complicated to set up?
I'm pretty sure that checking a box to say you accept some t&cs is legally acceptable. It's the standard way of accepting contract terms online apart from businesses like banks where they have special regulations to adhere to.