Is there an alternative to Paypal

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Ciapolin

Is there an alternative to Paypal

Post by Ciapolin »

We have been trying to set up payment facilities with paypal for sometime now and to be honest I have given up!

Does anyone know of an alternative? We currently ask people to transfer money direct to our account in Italy, but have had a bit of feedback from people to say this is a pain and so we would like to try and make things easier.

I'm going to have a chat with our bank to see if they can help with anything,but does anyone have any other ideas?
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Carole-Anne, what is your problem with it? All you need is your email address, add a credit card, and a bank account, and they ask you to verify theses accounts by debiting or crediting them with small amounts of money. Then your account should be set up. A Premier account would be best to start with. Theres some other systems too, depending on whether you want to use a UK account or an Italian one. electronic-payments.co.uk
All the merchant solutions were just too expensive.
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

I have found moneybookers ok too.
Always Learning
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Maybe the Italian site is more complicated - I've tried going in through the UK site but it always throws me back to the Italian one.

Each time I get to the part where you put in your email address, it throws me out again and says we are already registered, and won't let me go any further.

I am also a bit concerned that if we use the Italian version, that's where our customers will be sent too - there is no English on the site, which I think would be a bigger problem than wading through the international banking system.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Your customers will pay in the language they have selected in their account setup. I use the French site, but I have now set it to use in English,it was easier when I was having problems last month. Log in (ask for your password to be reset if necessary). Select My Account, Profile, then Language preference (in the left hand column)-sorry I don't speak any Italian). perhaps you will find it easier if it's in English for you, then you can set it up as you want.