PIMS

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Kitty thomas

PIMS

Post by Kitty thomas »

Hi all. I've heard of this PIMS management system. Where do I find it please as I want to get going on it. I've taken loads of bookings on my new cottage and am already losing track! Tia
If at first you don't succeed, put the kettle on.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

www.holidayrentalmanagement.com/

Authored by LMH member e-richard
Kitty thomas

Post by Kitty thomas »

Thanks very much. Do you use it by any chance? Is it user friendly?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Very user friendly. I can send you a referral code if you want to take a look, and it gives you a discount off the price.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Kitty thomas wrote:Thanks very much. Do you use it by any chance? Is it user friendly?
I use a large number of PIMS' features, but not all. In its basic form of meeting the majority of requirements of owners, it's pretty friendly after a bit of playtime and getting the feel of it. Try the free demo version, ask Richard questions or post them up on here and you'll quickly get the hang of it.
Take a step back and ask yourself "what do I need/want a system to do for me?" and the chances are you'll realise PIMS can do it.
You don't need to customise it, but it is highly customisable and easy to do - and you'll find yourself doing so. Support is really good.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I use it too and can't recommend it highly enough. It does all I want and more. I started with standard system and upgraded last year to Gold as I wanted short break plan pricing and website forms etc. Do use a referral code from one of us as it benefits both you and the referrer. Richard is quick to answer questions, but you have a host of members on here who can help too.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

HelenB wrote:I can send you a referral code if you want to take a look, and it gives you a discount off the price.
Clarification: Existing user gets a percentage off next renewal, new user gets 15 months for the price of 12 (yes, I guess that is sort of a discount :wink: )
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sorry Richard, I was on my phone and couldn't check what the new subscriber got.
peyre blanque

Post by peyre blanque »

We only have one property, and pims is a wonderful tool to make life easier. Like all software it takes a little time to get used to and requires a little discipline to enter the details, but having done that it takes care of everything.
I think Richard gives you a free month to try it out so you've nothing to lose and a lot to gain.
Reccommended

Ross
Annew

Post by Annew »

I've been using PIMS for a while now - excellent (almost instant) customer support from Richard on the rare times I've needed it. The whole system really is excellent, even for 1 property!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Kitty thomas

Post by Kitty thomas »

Hi all. I've paid up for my year of PIMS. aaaaaaand, I'm stuck already! What on earth is the email SMTP section all about? I get the gist, but I have no idea where I get all the info it requires to set it up. It says contact your email provider. How? I need to ask them what exactly? Host? Port? What does this mean? (sob)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Kitty, who is your email provider? That is the first step.
Annew

Post by Annew »

What HelenB said :)

Once you ascertain that, several of us can probably help with finding your SMTP settings.

Alternatively, you could use the PIMS help button, which will get you pretty rapid help from Richard.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Kitty thomas

Post by Kitty thomas »

AOL is my email provider.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

AOL have instructions for uaing other email applications with your AOL account
https://help.aol.co.uk/articles/how-do- ... y-aol-mail

The information will be in there.

smtp.aol.com and port 587 seems to be what you want.