video - what a way for more bookings!

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
seaturtle

video - what a way for more bookings!

Post by seaturtle »

Hello

can anyone personally recommend a professional video producer or video editor to help my wife and I promote our property in Sicily?

Or has anyone experience in producing one at home DIY? What program did you use? Can we do this just on an iPhone or iPad?

I'd be very grateful for any tips.

Many thanks

Sea turtle
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I've used Vega Movie Studio for many years and really like it but the learning curve is steep.

Nowadays you can even edit videos directly online with the Youtube editor. Probably a good place to start.
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Kev

Many thanks - may I ask you what you mean by the learning curve is steep. Are they doing all the work this outfit?

Kind regards

Sea turtle
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

seaturtle wrote:Kev

Many thanks - may I ask you what you mean by the learning curve is steep. Are they doing all the work this outfit?

Sea turtle
It's just the name of a software package to edit video.

Although I've made some tourist type videos I still have not made any of the property for 2 reasons:
1. I'm not good enough at taking video and don't have equipment which can produce good quality indoor video. Taking video indoors is difficult. Most people who try it ruin the the video by excessive panning/zooming, shaky video or end up simply making a slideshow out of photographs.
2. It extremely hard to video a place when you are actually staying there. You cannot simply throw your mess to the other corner of the room like you can when taking photographs
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Ah now I'm with you. What I'm looking for is a company or private person to take the video of my villa that I'll email them. Then edit it with all the text music laid over it.

Thanks Kev the search goes on
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Hi Seaturtle,

I imagine you’ve found someone to film your place in Sicily by now. If you haven’t, I’m hoping to start a new service for holiday rentals. Do have a look at a previous project I’ve worked on - https://vimeo.com/99639023 - if you do like it, please get in touch and we can discuss possibilities.