How clean is clean enough?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Anything in particular in mind, Mouse?
Yes Jane! I will become the Phantom Flan Flinger!!!!!

And I know just the people to fling some at! (Ha - let them try and get the stains out from that!?)

Enid.....will you make the flans?!? With extra sticky ingredients?
Mouse..you have to tell us what this stain remover is....can I buy it on mainland Spain?
Crystal - its called 'white wizard' and I get it by mail order from Lakeland Ltd. Sadly I've never seen anything that beats it in spain and I have a lovely array of stain removers.

Mouse (who's feeling better today)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Ooh, we could have a whole thread going in praise of Lakeland- we've mentioned them before. They have a range of really good cleaning stuff. I remember recommending a particular stainless steel hob cleaning product to Fluffy, then it was withdrawn :-( Anyone else a fan of their shower cleaner, the American one, not cheap but it is excellent! They do those little strips that you pop under/into silver items and it helps them to stay clean- they too were withdrawn for a while, but they're back now :-). Mmmm, should be on commission :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

But Enid, sounds as if standard flan dishes will have to be dispensed with, as the flans need to be mouse-sized.... delicate work.

Mouse - Lakeland eh? Do I sense another new thread starting up? Good company for all sorts!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

LOL - we posted at the same time Jine :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oh yes! Go on, go on, go on, - start a new thread!

Mouse (who is now in stain therapy)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:lol: :lol: A new medical condition - repetitive stain injury!! Good luck with your therapist, Mouse!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

HMM, white wizard.............now added to my list. Lakeland have a shop in newcastle. I think I may have used it before though. OXyClean is my favourite. Even gets old dried in red wine out.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Lakeland have a shop in newcastle
I know, I go in nearly every week! I find them a bit expensive though some really quirky useful stuff. Their "jarkeys" are brilliant for opening pickled onion type jars.

They also do crafts/scrapbook stuff but the prices are astronomical in comparison to other local places.

Lakeland is in a great little cluster of shops here - Rohan & The Pier are next door :)
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

How weird!!!
I've just got back from holiday, and we were bothered by those pesky house flies. Felix and Katie had great fun with their fly swats, but I decided to get one of those muslin "cloche" thingies to cover food on the table. I was sure that I had seen it in Lakeland, so less than an hour ago I was on their website looking for one. Unfortunately they don't seem to sell them any more (if they ever did).
Anyone know where I can get one?

PS - My favourite Lakeland purchase: I recently bought one of those trays that looks like a giant cat litter tray, which is for cleaning your oven racks. What a great buy! Aargh!!! I can't believe I just said that!!! What have I come to, extoling the virtues of a piece of kitchen cleaning equipment? I am turning into my mother :? :o :shock: :o :shock: HELP!!!!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

CatherineS wrote:What have I come to, extoling the virtues of a piece of kitchen cleaning equipment? I am turning into my mother :? :o :shock: :o :shock: HELP!!!!
Very possibly - seems to happen in spite of ourselves Catherine!

The food nets are fairly easy to pick up - if you have a good cookshop near you, I'd ask in there. If really stuck, I can pick one up here and send it to you. :D
gh

Post by gh »

Hope you had a fab holiday Catherine, :D

try Morrisons for the covers, they had loads at our local one. We also bought red top fly catchers for outside, to be able to eat alfresco in peace, seems the very hot weather this year has caused most of the problem with them, they are brilliant and seem to draw any flies out of the house to them.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Jane,
Someone brought a couple of the food nets out here this summer and I thought what a good idea they were - I've never seen them in SuperU though. We get plagued by flies in hot weather, although this year August hasn't been too bad. Where can you pick them up near you? The cookshop in Saffron Walden (if it is still there)?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yep - the shop changed hands a couple of years ago and is even better now! Just PM me and I'll get some for you Susan.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Being a "High Flyer" and a Cleaner could be handy for coping with those hard to reach places Could you flit over & do my ceiling fans please [whats your hourly rate?]
Regards Ros
jordan2

Charge for cleaning???

Post by jordan2 »

Hello, as it seem to be difficult to pin a timescale to cleaning it must also be difficult to put a price on it! Do owners charge for this service or build it into the weekly rental??

thnx

Laura