Sun Lounge Cushions

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Lars

Sun Lounge Cushions

Post by Lars »

Hi all,

just a quickie: how often do you change your sun lounge cushions and where do you source cheap but decent sun lounge cushions?

thanks!
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

We got ours from Lidl I think we paid 16 euros, had them for 3 summers now okay for another summer or 2 so hoping to get 5 seasons from them. They are normally on sale around May/June and sell very out quickly in our part of France. Their parasol are pretty good as well
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Depends where you are?
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Hi - we're in the Dordogne, near Monpazier
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

That helps. :D

Bassman's suggestion is good - Lidl are excellent value but you do have to be on the ball to catch them in season.

Otherwise Castorama are good and if they are not in stock you can order from their site. Our Mr Bricolage has an end-of-season sale at the moment so that's another possibility if you've one near you.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
oasiscouple

Re: Sun Lounge Cushions

Post by oasiscouple »

Lars wrote:Hi all,

just a quickie: how often do you change your sun lounge cushions and where do you source cheap but decent sun lounge cushions?

thanks!
After getting fed up of changing the sunbed cushions every 2 to 3 years, my wife solved the problem by buying tough material from a shop in Bergerac and making removable covers to slide over the original cushions which we now remove and wash at the end of the season and then put them back. Been doing this fo 5 years now and works a treat.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
lforro

Post by lforro »

I'm also in despair about my outdoor lounge cushions: despite the fact that we provide free bath sheets for outdoor use, our guests use the cushions without sheets and transformed all of them in their own Holy Shroud versions.

People just love to put kilos of sun protection on their skin and relax on the cushions right after that.

Does someone from the forum uses leather look covers, oil resistant materials or do you have an efficient way of removing oily stains from the cushions?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I felt your pain! We tried the usual striped lounger covers....needed replacing after 2 yrs. Then I had plastic type material covers made by a boating company (also did told too) which we used on wooden loungers. They were good and lasted years but each changeover I had to scrub them with bleach due, as you say, to people covering them in lotion, dirty feet marks etc.

Finally a few years ago we ditched the wooden loungers for aluminum mesh loungers. No covers needed. They weren't cheap....but oh my they are so easy to clean. And light to move.

As another approach. ...the posh beach bars here use white fitted sheets for their sunlounger covers which they change quickly at each change of client.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Thread on this in Spain section with my solution to the covers at bottom of page 1:
viewtopic.php?t=26491
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com