Newbie in Provence - low season - babies or birdwatchers?!!

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
hj1208

Post by hj1208 »

Hi JP, thanks for the message. We are not far from Lorgues. For weekends we don't get so much interest as the house sleeps 10+ so appeals to groups and to be honest I think weekends would get expensive for us on changeovers etc. But maybe I need a re-think out of season. Which sites do you use to advertise to the US and Canada? I'll repost when (and if!) I get anywhere with birders(ing)!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

If your house sleeps 10+ you should advertise to the French market as they love booking big places for weekends, fêtes and ponts. The French are generally very clean so changeover costs are a lot less than with some other guests. I have a farmhouse which sleeps 12 and charge 550€ for a weekend, Christmas and New Year are always fully booked at high season prices and for a pont weekends like Ascension.
hj1208

Post by hj1208 »

Thanks Lavache! Which French sites do you use please, if I may ask? I have no idea of the French market (which sounds terrible!) My friend is a cook so long weekends could be interesting if I cna get my head together!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

The French like doing their own cooking. Or they use a traiteur.
Leboncoin, pour-les-vacances.com, grandsgites.com, gitesdegroupe.fr