Financial Survey

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Hells Bells

Financial Survey

Post by Hells Bells »

We've received online questionnaires in our French account for each of us to complete, to comply with anti-terrorism and money laundering rules. As we are not French resident, I have no idew if they want all our income and assets, or just our French income? Also my employment status requires a SIRET number, which I do not have for a UK business. I've completed the forms twice, but they won't submit.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I had the same thing in Spain and they wanted to know where the money comes from, right down to address of my employer. I also had problems submitting the form and my account was blocked until completed.

Hoping I don't have to go through the same stuff in France too.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I think I will have to ring my advisor tomorrow. I'm sure I put something similar in the post recently.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

We have a French bank account with friends which we use to run the house we co-own and rent out. They live in the UK, we live in France. I recently asked, three times, for a new cheque book. I didn't get one. In the end I ranted in the bank but they still didn't say there was a problem.

I spoke to the bank's English speaking adviser about the problem and she suggested it might be the money laundering. It turned out that the account was actually 'blocked' because our UK friends had not complied with 'money laundering'. They'd never been asked to do so and I hadn't been told that was the reason for not getting a cheque book. We just got the UK friends to send copies of passports and proof of UK residence - a utility bill. Sorted!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We've got to send those too, but also complete a form online.