Links for SEO

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
brightmike

Links for SEO

Post by brightmike »

I know it is good for SEO to have (quality) links into your website.

Does this also apply to mutual links i.e. you to link to them and they link to you?
Our property website can be found by looking at our profile.
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

The consensus used to be that one-way links are better than reciprocal (mutual) links but reciprocal links are better than nothing. I'm not sure if that still applies.

As with all things SEO nobody outside of the search engines knows for certain.
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

I listened to a podcast, may have been TED, not sure. But page links (Larry Page) were suggested to be of higher rank on quality, but not necessarily reciprocal. Google will also black list you if they suspect you are paying for these, the main criteria was to create good quality shared information...

K
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.
Vince

Post by Vince »

964kevin wrote:I listened to a podcast, may have been TED, not sure. But page links (Larry Page) were suggested to be of higher rank on quality, but not necessarily reciprocal. Google will also black list you if they suspect you are paying for these, the main criteria was to create good quality shared information...

K
But as usual Google is being very coy about what that means.