Converting excel to pdf

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
annedab

Converting excel to pdf

Post by annedab »

We have always shown our availability on our PMP site by using a clickable link that opens a pdf of the calendar(s). Always very simple and straightforward. I am just doing the 2016 calendars and they look fine in excel, but as soon as I convert them to PDF they look nothing like the excel spreadsheet :shock: Never had this before, can anyone tell me what I (or my laptop) am doing wrong or how I can fix it?

TIA
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Without knowing the version of Excel and what features you have in your spreadsheet, it's difficult, if not impossible to know what your problem is.

Forgive me for stating the obvious question but why not simply embed a visible calendar into your PMP like all the other users of PMP? You have to really read the instructions carefully on your site to find where you've hidden the calendar, something which many people will simply miss.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

The recent versions require no 3rd party applications. It's just a "save as" and chose PDF.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

kevsboredagain wrote:The recent versions require no 3rd party applications. It's just a "save as" and chose PDF.
And just to confuse us all, when you reach Windows 10, its changed to File > Export > Create PDF :?

Of course, this still does not help Annedab, but helps illustrate why more info is needed before we can assist.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
CSE

Post by CSE »

The recent versions
How recent?. Asking out of curiosity as we do not use Windoze products other than operating system.
annedab

Post by annedab »

Thanks everyone - I just needed a short term fix for yesterday while I am looking at the embedded calendar options. It seems to be my laptop that is the problem - everything worked as normal using OH's - go figure!!

Kev, the reason I did it the clunky roundabout way in the first place is that we have 2 gites and 2 B&B rooms so I need to display more than one lot of availability. Are there any calendars out there that will easily display three individual lines of availability rather than having three calendars? Bear in mind that anything technical starts to sound like gobbledegook to me after the first two words :lol:
Regards

Anne

annedab

Post by annedab »

All sorted - have managed to add a calendar that shows all our availability at once 8) Still don't know why my PDFs aren't displaying properly, but as I don't need them now, that problem can go back down the list.
Regards

Anne

kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

casasantoestevo wrote:
The recent versions
How recent?. Asking out of curiosity as we do not use Windoze products other than operating system.
Since 2010 I think. Before that it used a PDF print service so you printed the document and chose the PDF service.
CSE

Post by CSE »

That long ago recent. :oops:
Thanks for the info.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

annedab wrote:
Kev, the reason I did it the clunky roundabout way in the first place is that we have 2 gites and 2 B&B rooms so I need to display more than one lot of availability. Are there any calendars out there that will easily display three individual lines of availability rather than having three calendars? Bear in mind that anything technical starts to sound like gobbledegook to me after the first two words :lol:
I see you've already found Dateblocker, which is one I used to use. You need to ask a fellow PMP how to embed this as an iframe so that it appears on your own web page, instead of jumping away from your site.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

go to the 'edit website content' page and choose the page where you wish to display the calendar. From the Tools menu select 'Insert HTML snippet'. Copy the 'Embedded iframe' code from Dateblocker and paste into the box, then click OK. Finally, click 'Save' to put it onto the page.
annedab

Post by annedab »

Thanks Kev :) I wasn't sure which option was the best - I'll change it over today. Got too excited abut blocking off dates for when we are on holiday 8)
Regards

Anne