Tasks related to changing ownership

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
Aldo

Tasks related to changing ownership

Post by Aldo »

Having sold one of our rental business/properties, this is the time to plan all the transfers of services etc related to the property before completion of sale.

One of the services that needs to be transferred to the new owner is a Flipkey account. In the meantime, as part of the deal, I'm still taking bookings for dates beyond the exchange date.

Has anyone gone through the process of transferring a Flipkey account to a new owner? Is it just a simple matter of going to the My Account section of the FK account and inputting the new information (contact settings, payout settings and profile) ?

The second action that needs doing is a letter that both the new owner and I have decided to send together to all guests who have booked through me for dates following the exchange date.

The letter needs:
1. to introduce the new owner
2. to put guests' mind at rest that all will remain as was and that the contract with them will be respected in full.

I was thinking of having two messages on the same correspondence, one from myself and one from the new owner. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Do you have any suggestions as to what needs to be included in both messages?

Cheers.
annedab

Post by annedab »

Hi Aldo,

Can't help with specifics re FK I'm afraid, but when we bought this place, the previous owners gave us a list of logins for all the existing advertising sites so I was able to login and change all of the contact details. I guess it might get a bit more complicated with sites that ask for proof of ownership etc.

We wrote a short paragraph introducing ourselves to the guests who had already booked and the previous owners sent this out with their own letter explaining the change of ownership (and asking permission to pass on the guests contact details to us).

I will try and dig out the copy of what we sent - very timely as we are about to move on to pastures new ourselves!

Good luck
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Thank you Anne, that would be extremely helpful.