Promote my Place - Font limitations, any workaround?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Gordo

Promote my Place - Font limitations, any workaround?

Post by Gordo »

2 questions at the end but here's the story leading up to them.

As I'm a lazy so and so (let free trial expire without really trying it) I opted to pay the £49 for site creation, thinking if someone starts it off I'll finish it etc.

I had it back today and although it was "ok" I didn't like some of the fonts used. Long story short there are too many different fonts so I tried to edit for a bit of uniformity. There's not much choice at all (tried various templates) so I asked them for advice and was told they're working on enhancing the functionality to allows customers to be able to choose their own fonts but unlikely to happen this side of the new year.

I'm a bit disappointed to be honest and wondering...

1. ... if there's any workaround I could do myself to give me more scope with fonts (I'm reasonably savvy if following instructions).

2. ... whether I should just throw the towel in and try a wordpress setup (I have studiopress unlimited themes just never got around to using it).

Would really appreciate any pointers :?

Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I'm just guessing but I'd imagine getting to grips with Wordpress is harder than PMP. Nothing to lose by trying though.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

That's strange, Gordo because mine has the same font throughout ( I think? I didn't get a choice on the template I chose) although the size of the font varies ( as in header 1,2,3 etc. -and tiny - small - normal.... and the colour). Have you found all these options? The overall effect is uniformity.

For a wider choice of fonts, I would be inclined to wait for them to offer it - it is only two months until we are well into the New Year.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Panic over, I looked at yours Felicity and could see it was a different template so I experimented a bit and changed it for a more appropriate one.

Only 6 templates to choose from and I chose the duff one!

Thanks for your help folks..

Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
Gillan

Wordpress

Post by Gillan »

I think taking the time to learn Wordpress is best. Once you learn the system, its easy to manage your fonts, page content and SEO. You can also plug in payment gateways to process bookings.

www.westcreatives.co.uk are pretty good at setting up these types of websites, we've used them for a couple of projects.
https://www.fbmholidays.co.uk - West Wales holiday cottages for you