Pool Liner Pattern?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Foxandsot

Pool Liner Pattern?

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello

Just received an email from the developer building our house. They have given us a choice of liner for our pool, the options are:
Plain pale blue
Pale blue swirly pattern
Light and dark blue mosaic tile effect

Does one look better than the other? Does the tile effect one look cheap? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

MIchelle
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've never seen anything but light blue - however, given the problems that everyone now seems to be experiencing with the disgusting yellow tidemark around the liner caused by guests heavy duty sun protection, I'd go for the darker liner with mosaic tile effect. Presumably this would hide the stain better?
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

We had a pool in our house in N. Wales, and we paid a little extra for mosaic. It looked great, very professional & in the latter days when the liner was starting to get a bit brittle, I was able to do a minor repair at the waterline, which barely showed.
Robert.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

We used to have a liner pool with a mosaic pattern. It looked just like real tiles, not cheap at all. I would go for that option.
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

just worth saying that the colour has quite a bearing on water temperature.

Many people here are using very light colours. Once pool water temperatures go over 30C, algae control becomes more difficult.

A neighbours experience (no Cl for 10 days) :

Better! :

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

We had a huge choice when choosing ours. The pale blue one was the cheapest. One of our pools is "mosaic" all over, different blues/whites/ very light purple ( sounds odd, looks fab ). To save money on the other pool we chose the pale blue liner but with a swirly effect border. I was thinking of the overall look when I chose this, it looks great as well. Friends have a white liner- a disaster- algae city and shows all the leaves etc that sometimes plop in before you have time to scoop 'em out. :roll:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Thanks for all the replies, it's really appreciated.

I think we will go for the mosaic liner, hopefully it will mask the tide line that I am sure we will get!!

It was just very difficult to chose from a sample picture of liner sent via the internet!! (we've chosen most things for the house this way and I am quite worried about what the finished product will look like!!) I'm sure the mosaic will look really good once it's actually in the pool and has water over the top of it!

Thanks again for all your replies.

Michelle
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Maybe you could ask to see samples of the liners. They should be able to send these to you.
mario

Post by mario »

Sorry to hijack this thread but on reading it I was a bit worried about our pool we were building and choice of tiles.Below is the colours chosen for our,did we make the right decision.

Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

It looks lovely to me.
enid

Post by enid »

and to me - we have a light pool liner and haven't had problems with algae - well we did once when we still had pool L plates but now we know how to manage the pool so I think that's what keeps it clean and the liner colour shouldn't be a problem.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Looks great to me too ! Lovely :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I think it looks LOVELY :D
But just a small point ,I think I would advise adding WATER[just joking of course]

Whens it going to be finished we could all come for a Pool Warming.

Ros :wink:
A-two

Post by A-two »

Michelle,
I love the dolphin above, but personally I would go for navy blue liner because the ones I have seen around here look fab, and I imagine (although don't know) that they may get round the suntan lotion line problem.
Last edited by A-two on Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

I think it looks great too, I really like the roman steps. I take it that this pool is tiled and it's not a liner?

M