Large Fonts?

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Normandy Cow

Large Fonts?

Post by Normandy Cow »

Help!
For some reason, over the past couple of days, my computer appears to think that I have selected "Large Fonts" in my control panel. Many websites that I visit have huge fonts, but I'm not too sure how to get rid of them! I think this happened before, and I thought that the remedy was to go into the Display section of Control panel and change font size to normal, but I have checked this and it hasn't made any difference - even though it says "normal", it is still displaying large fonts.
Any ideas anyone?
Last edited by Normandy Cow on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

Could it be the browser settings ?

As you are in France I'll give you the XP / IE6 keystrokes in French ......

Affichage - Taille de Texte - Plus Petit

If you have an English software it will be something like

Display - Text size - Smaller

Bonne chance

Peter
Last edited by mpprh on Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Using your clue "websites visited", I'm going to guess that its just a setting in your Browser. In your Browser, select the menu point View, then Text Size >

In Firefox, this can be changed by hittling Ctl- or Ctl+ which are easily done by mistake. I don;t know what the IE keyborad short cuts are, but I'm guessing similar could happen there.

Let us know if this cures it.
paolo

Post by paolo »

If you hold down the Ctrl key, you can change the size of text up and down by rolling the scroller on your mouse, if you have one. (Incidentally, if you do this with the Shift key you go Back and Forward over websites you have visited within a browser window).

What I would like to know is how to set your default to Medium size text, because my default is set to Smaller.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

YIPPEE!!!

Thanks guys, I knew that someone on here would be able to come up with a quick solution! Yes, it was the text size in my browser - a 10-second fix, when you know how!

PS mpprh - thanks for the translation. Yes, my heart is in France, but unfortunately my body (and my PC) is in the UK :(