Spoof from Paypal?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
kg1

Spoof from Paypal?

Post by kg1 »

Not seen one of these before.

The address sent from is noreply@service-accountt.com

Note the tt on account. Have sent it to paypals spoof email address & changed my password (not through the link)- just in case!

Your Account Was Opened From Another Device

Important Notification <noreply@service-accountt.com>
Today at 5:26 PM

To

holiday.bookings@yahoo.co.uk

Message body

Hello, Your PayPal Account was opened from another device
IP address of the device: 78.149.70.173
PayPal suggest need to renew your information, Please open your account on PayPal website

www.paypal.com

Thanks,
PayPal Security team

PayPal All rights reserved 2015
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I've been getting several fraudulent Paypal phishing emails every day for some time now These are arriving in our business email account. We don't have a Paypal account against that email address........
Had one a couple of days ago saying that if I didn't verify the account it would be closed. "Well hooray for that!" I thought. No such luck - they keep coming.........
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Because we are with HL we have to have our business PP account linked to the business email address.

Just for a minute I was fooled. Would never have clicked the link though anyway.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Because we are with HL we have to have our business PP account linked to the business email address.

Just for a minute I was fooled. Would never have clicked the link though anyway.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

kyreniagirl wrote:Because we are with HL we have to have our business PP account linked to the business email address.

There are some nasty people out there... :evil:
Essar

Post by Essar »

There is also one advising that a new address has been added to your pp account. It's supposed to be from PP Fraud and Protection dept and ask if it was not you who added the address then follow this link and update your account. Very good looking email - very convincing.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"